Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends India was never poor. It was artificially made poor. If I talk about history, many invaders have attacked India and looted its wealth again and again. India was rich country. Even today also, politicians, bureaucrats and top level government officers are keeping their black money in Swiss Banks. This is nothing but looting money of India. India is a rich country. Why should India stay back from development and progress in the international platform? India was backward since many years. Now it should move forward. Every scientific research and development will be advantageous for us.
Friends India was never poor. It was artificially made poor. If I talk about history, many invaders have attacked India and looted its wealth again and again. India was rich country. Even today also, politicians, bureaucrats and top level government officers are keeping their black money in Swiss Banks. This is nothing but looting money of India. India is a rich country. Why should India stay back from development and progress in the international platform? India was backward since many years. Now it should move forward. Every scientific research and development will be advantageous for us.

Exactly Devyani, you said it! It is the hypocritic attitude that is keeping us behind others! We do not hesitate to pour hundreds of gallons of milk, oil, ghee etc. in the name of God while shamelessly ignoring poor, starved children staring at this wastage and we cry foul when money is spent on missions such as these! Politicians and bureaucrats are to blame for keeping the country poor, but we too are equally responsible!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
ISRO's spending on the Mars mission is well below 500 crores and the launch and its subsequent progression is happily on predictable lines. Some argue that this amount could have been spent on more pressing problems that this nation is currently faced with. Do you agree?[/quot

500 crore is really a big amount. It must be spend in other necessay program. Many project in our country is pending due to lack of money. Spend thus money on such project.

Do you know how of money is looted by some of our politicians and it is not even a fraction of that!!! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: For your information the fodder scam which stank to high heavens involved a staggering 940 crore!! :whistle: :whistle:
For people who cannot think beyond money, food, Bollywood movies, cricket and shopping, for them it might probably be a waste of money. educated people who indulge in all the above are mainly the ones who keep talking about poor our country is but when they have to a bunch of coriander for mere rs. 10, they will drive a hard bargain to get it for rs. 8. But when they visit a sleek and jazzy mall or multiplex religiously each weekend, they do not hesitate to shell out minimum rs. 300 per head (snakes and coke included) for a disgustingly made Hindi movie! But when you tell the poor people you meet such as the vegetable sellers or the woman who comes to in your house about the rockets out country sent in space, I have seen their eyes lit up with pride. It is not missions such as these that need to be stopped to eradicate poverty but put a stop somewhere to the Bollywood madness or if not that, then at least throw all corrupt politicians and bureaucrats in the dungeons.! Mars mission and more such are needed for our country, not just to put us on the world map, but also for everyone of us to see that, that is the future we must head towards and leave behind all the religious lunacy that is currently going on!

I think the spending on our space research is worth it. I would simply refer to a report in the press today which is of utmost importance to all especially those who love to wear blinkers!!! All you know how China reacted to the launch of Mars Mission. In fact it ridiculed our honorable scientists efforts citing India's poverty - the same line of argument of some native critics out of sheer jealousy as her own Mars space program went haywire within a matter of a few hours. Today I find the same country expressing the desire to have cooperation with India in this field!! And what about the timing of it, after our brilliant space scientists successfully performed the most critical act of sending the spacecraft on its way to the Martian orbit!!! Not before that!!
And about the concrete benefits which I alluded to in my earlier post, let us consider the tremendous progress which could not have been made possible without our space program. Right from the lives of our fishermen to ATM users!! ISRO's contribution to the nation has been truly phenomenal. You talk about any field, defense, industry and our day to day lives, you would find their inconspicuous presence. Some naysayers might yet argue what was the use of undertaking this Mission, I would just say that it would help us in testing our technological capabilities and in India's case it is all the more creditable as we have made it to a substantial degree with indigenous soft and hardware, giving quite a good number of private industries to achieve technical and technological standards. In future ISRO might be not only financially self-supporting, it would contribute substantially to the exchequer by partnering with other countries.

Exactly! The contribution of ISRO and all our scientists is far greater than we may ever realise but I think time has now come that we can no longer ignore that field any more. And bestowing Dr. Rao with the highest civilian award is only a start of that recognition. Where China and its space program is concerned, the fact that they waited to congratulate us until our Mars lander was released from the Earth's orbit alludes to what they really feel about it, Jealous! But then they are not fools, I am seeing every day what great heights they have achieved in the field of art and culture and now that they realise we have the technology to successfully land our own indigenous vehicle on Mars, they will not hesitate to form an alliance with us! When and how that will happen, time alone will tell!

That's the point! The work of science and that of our scientists go on silently hugely impacting our lives and the curious part of it is that they never claim any credit by drumming from roof-tops like our shameless politicians!!! For instance the Manmohan Singh has been claiming that by launching NREGA , his government has banished poverty from India, huh!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
For people who cannot think beyond money, food, Bollywood movies, cricket and shopping, for them it might probably be a waste of money. educated people who indulge in all the above are mainly the ones who keep talking about poor our country is but when they have to a bunch of coriander for mere rs. 10, they will drive a hard bargain to get it for rs. 8. But when they visit a sleek and jazzy mall or multiplex religiously each weekend, they do not hesitate to shell out minimum rs. 300 per head (snakes and coke included) for a disgustingly made Hindi movie! But when you tell the poor people you meet such as the vegetable sellers or the woman who comes to in your house about the rockets out country sent in space, I have seen their eyes lit up with pride. It is not missions such as these that need to be stopped to eradicate poverty but put a stop somewhere to the Bollywood madness or if not that, then at least throw all corrupt politicians and bureaucrats in the dungeons.! Mars mission and more such are needed for our country, not just to put us on the world map, but also for everyone of us to see that, that is the future we must head towards and leave behind all the religious lunacy that is currently going on!

I think the spending on our space research is worth it. I would simply refer to a report in the press today which is of utmost importance to all especially those who love to wear blinkers!!! All you know how China reacted to the launch of Mars Mission. In fact it ridiculed our honorable scientists efforts citing India's poverty - the same line of argument of some native critics out of sheer jealousy as her own Mars space program went haywire within a matter of a few hours. Today I find the same country expressing the desire to have cooperation with India in this field!! And what about the timing of it, after our brilliant space scientists successfully performed the most critical act of sending the spacecraft on its way to the Martian orbit!!! Not before that!!
And about the concrete benefits which I alluded to in my earlier post, let us consider the tremendous progress which could not have been made possible without our space program. Right from the lives of our fishermen to ATM users!! ISRO's contribution to the nation has been truly phenomenal. You talk about any field, defense, industry and our day to day lives, you would find their inconspicuous presence. Some naysayers might yet argue what was the use of undertaking this Mission, I would just say that it would help us in testing our technological capabilities and in India's case it is all the more creditable as we have made it to a substantial degree with indigenous soft and hardware, giving quite a good number of private industries to achieve technical and technological standards. In future ISRO might be not only financially self-supporting, it would contribute substantially to the exchequer by partnering with other countries.

Exactly! The contribution of ISRO and all our scientists is far greater than we may ever realise but I think time has now come that we can no longer ignore that field any more. And bestowing Dr. Rao with the highest civilian award is only a start of that recognition. Where China and its space program is concerned, the fact that they waited to congratulate us until our Mars lander was released from the Earth's orbit alludes to what they really feel about it, Jealous! But then they are not fools, I am seeing every day what great heights they have achieved in the field of art and culture and now that they realise we have the technology to successfully land our own indigenous vehicle on Mars, they will not hesitate to form an alliance with us! When and how that will happen, time alone will tell!

That's the point! The work of science and that of our scientists go on silently hugely impacting our lives and the curious part of it is that they never claim any credit by drumming from roof-tops like our shameless politicians!!! For instance the Manmohan Singh has been claiming that by launching NREGA , his government has banished poverty from India, huh!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

He probably means that poverty has been banished from the capital and surrounding regions like Noida, Gurgaon and the realms of the parliament itself. As to rest of the country, I seriously doubt if he is even aware of the miseries that exist! :sick:

He probably means that poverty has been banished from the capital and surrounding regions like Noida, Gurgaon and the realms of the parliament itself. As to rest of the country, I seriously doubt if he is even aware of the miseries that exist! :sick:

Whatever I experienced in the national capital, makes such a claim an act of crime. In fact, what it hides is a few times more than what it does reveal!!! :S :S :S :S

Whatever I experienced in the national capital, makes such a claim an act of crime. In fact, what it hides is a few times more than what it does reveal!!! :S :S :S :S

It takes common people with common intellect like you and me to realise that. He being such a genius, probably indulges on a much higher realms than we are at, and where he stands, there probably is no poverty. So we cannot blame him now, can we?? :blink:

It takes common people with common intellect like you and me to realise that. He being such a genius, probably indulges on a much higher realms than we are at, and where he stands, there probably is no poverty. So we cannot blame him now, can we?? :blink:

No, we can't!! According to his economic philosophy it is more desirable to attack the poor than poverty!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
India is rich in resources but due to lack of skilled labours resources are not used properly. Dubai is a desert. Yet it is among the developed places of the world. Comparatively India is lagging behind. We have talent, we have ability to work, we have resources, we have man power and we have al most everything which is necessary for development. Yet we are lagging behind. This is due to backwardness. Spending money in Space Research is a step forward towards development.
I dont think so its a waste of money, we will definitely have benefits in future. India is not poor country, If the money is used properly we can balance all the sides.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.