I am sure there would be a strong reason for Boddunan to make a rule "Copy-Paste from MS Word strictly prohibited". But I am not aware of the actual reason.

Was wondering if copy-paste from other formats allowed, such as from .txt files?

I am more comfortable writing my own articles separately in word or some other writing tool, and once I am done, I prefer moving the content to the site where I want to publish it. Keeping myself logged in to Boddunan every time I want to write an articles might not be possible always. Further, while writing articles on the Boddunan page directly, I keeping moving to other features of the site - especially forums - which break my track and flow of writing.

Is this something you have an opinion or suggestion about?

Regards!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Write wherever you like but if you are not writing on boddunan editor directly, do not copy paste from MS Word but transfer it to Note-pad first and it then copy paste in this site. Take care that your content has proper spacing on up- down, left-right etc. Actually posts coming from MS World leave their sign on Boddunan editor in form of codes.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Write wherever you like but if you are not writing on boddunan editor directly, do not copy paste from MS Word but transfer it to Note-pad first and it then copy paste in this site. Take care that your content has proper spacing on up- down, left-right etc. Actually posts coming from MS World leave their sign on Boddunan editor in form of codes.

Oh, That is good then.. I thought the copy-paste from any other format to Boddunan editor is not acceptable. This helps! Thanks Sunil.
There must be reason for not allowing copy-paste from MS-Word. I am all for honoring the rule, though it means an extra bit of work for me.
I use word pad and copy paste from that without any problem...I prefer to write the entire article on word pad and do all the corrections and changes there itself after which I paste it here and then of course you need to format it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I use word pad and copy paste from that without any problem...I prefer to write the entire article on word pad and do all the corrections and changes there itself after which I paste it here and then of course you need to format it...

In order to utilize the Spell check, I start my article in MS word. And the remaining as practised by all. Earlier the spell check in Boddunan word processor was not satisfactory. Now, no more problems.

In order to utilize the Spell check, I start my article in MS word. And the remaining as practised by all. Earlier the spell check in Boddunan word processor was not satisfactory. Now, no more problems.

Word pad has spell check as well, it comes on after you save it the first time...You need to activate it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu

Word pad has spell check as well, it comes on after you save it the first time...You need to activate it...

I see. I never knew it. I'll look in to it now
There must be reason for not allowing copy-paste from MS-Word. I am all for honoring the rule, though it means an extra bit of work for me.

The reason is that if you directly copy from MS Word and then paste in boddunan editor, it adds a lot of unnecessary tags which we have to clean up later. So it is not allowed, strictly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I always thought there was no other way than to open Boddunan editor to draft an article. But good than we all do it some way or the other, but yes copying directly from MS Word should be avoided as I understand here from everyone's view. Thanks much!
Writing article separately is good habit. You can do corrections many times. You can read it and change it as you want. Once we write it on Boddunan article page and submit it, it becomes difficult to edit it back again. The result of such ignorance is always negative. Moreover, the suggestions given by the editors is correct. We should follow that. That makes our work easier.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.