Do you remember this day last year when the girl whose only crime(!) was to expect decency and dignity in a strange land called India paid the price for it. Her killers are still alive and today I read a report that most brutal member of the gang who took full advantage of being a juvenile is unrepentant and his violent conduct has shocked the counselors and officers of the juvenile home where he is currently put up. What is far worse, this barbaric incident and the outpourings of collective anger of the masses has no effect as would be clear from the number of such incidences in the country. Where have we failed? It's time to introspect today.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you remember this day last year when the girl whose only crime(!) was to expect decency and dignity in a strange land called India paid the price for it. Her killers are still alive and today I read a report that most brutal member of the gang who took full advantage of being a juvenile is unrepentant and his violent conduct has shocked the counselors and officers of the juvenile home where he is currently put up. What is far worse, this barbaric incident and the outpourings of collective anger of the masses has no effect as would be clear from the number of such incidences in the country. Where have we failed? It's time to introspect today.

Yes of course I remember and have been watching the coverage on the Tv news channels ! First of all they should have seen to it that the juvenile criminal was treated at par with the others and given at least a life sentence.I saw the interview with Jyothis parents and oit was heart breaking to hear them talk about it ! Our legal system especially criminal justice needs a lot of reform before it can come upto any standard at all..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

Nirbhaya cannot be erased from the minds of us. The present legal system and the much hyped Judiciary should be thrown in to the nearest dustbin A thorough overhauling of the entire judiciary, where the judges can rape the interns and get away should be replaced by a new system where crime is a crime even if it is committed by a child.
Still to date, this case is entangled in legal matters and despite all these people revolution we are still in the midst of nothing,

http://mohanmekap.com/

Still to date, this case is entangled in legal matters and despite all these people revolution we are still in the midst of nothing,

I'm seeing a ray of hope amidst this darkness. The way law enforcing authorities cornered retired Supreme court judge's immoral deeds of a law intern are making me hope for better conditions in the country.
Many girls were raped and killed even after the brutal incident of Nirbhaya. It is the mentality of men which has not yet changed. States like Delhi, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Chennai, etc have the most number of brutal rape victims. I would say that government should start schools for girls where defensive techniques will be taught to every teenage girls. So that they can protect themselves. It's time to make girls stronger than men.
Many girls were raped and killed even after the brutal incident of Nirbhaya. It is the mentality of men which has not yet changed. States like Delhi, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Chennai, etc have the most number of brutal rape victims. I would say that government should start schools for girls where defensive techniques will be taught to every teenage girls. So that they can protect themselves. It's time to make girls stronger than men.

Instead of looking towards government for help, it would be wise to learn "Self protection". These atrocities are rampant in a few states. Not in all the states.

In fact yesterday the commisioner of police for Delhi was giving the various statistics for crimes against women and according to him the rape and assault cases had gone up four fold in the past one year. He feels that it is because more ds=ases are being reported now after Jyothi's death and women are more open to coming out and reportingsince they realise that police keep their name and identity secret rather than the criminals becoming bolder...He also was all for changing the criminal laws with regard to underaged and feels that it only encourages the fellows to commit crome boldly and crimes in that section (teenagers) had increased drastically ! Will our government still sleep on it or should one of their own be assaulted before they wake up?? :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes I saw it on the news today. She was brutally murdered and irony is the main culprit is still not punished just because he was not an adult when he committed the crime. I still say there should be some modification in the law and that rapist should be hanged till death so that Nirbhaya's soul may rest in peace. :blink:

Instead of looking towards government for help, it would be wise to learn "Self protection". These atrocities are rampant in a few states. Not in all the states.

Actually this is not possible for all. Many girls are tortured and many are raped by her family members. Girls are not safe even in her house. It is the social organisations and government who can help them in better way.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.