Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
E books and internet can never replace the traditional books. As said by some of the members, the pleasure of book reading is something which we can never get from internet data. Though internet reading saves time, printed materials can be read more comfortably and leisurely. Personally, I read only short articles in internet but for longer articles or books I prefer traditional printed materials and books.

Exactly...reading even very long articles online is quite exhaustive and causes strain on eyes. More than that, printed books are precious and irreplaceable and testimony to what we are as a part of human civilisation. With time old books form a part of inheritance and are passed from generation to generation as treasured heirloom pieces. Digital data can never take place of that!

Yes, digital data available on Internet cannot replace real time books. For reading digital data, you have to spend more time in front of the computer screen. This will affect your eyes. Whereas real world books is adjust according to our preferences.

The place of Printed book will stay forever

Ya, Rambabu no one destroy your printed books without your permissions, but there is no certainty on e-book. Today they are available but after some time become unavailable.

I have an e book reader and an i pad. I found it uncomfortable to read E book. My Books are as precious as my life. Why should I permit someone to steal them and destroy them?

Books are always with you. That is why book is called your real friend.

Yes. I contribute to your view on Books.
Thank you said by: DIPU S KUMAR
E books and internet can never replace the traditional books. As said by some of the members, the pleasure of book reading is something which we can never get from internet data. Though internet reading saves time, printed materials can be read more comfortably and leisurely. Personally, I read only short articles in internet but for longer articles or books I prefer traditional printed materials and books.

Exactly...reading even very long articles online is quite exhaustive and causes strain on eyes. More than that, printed books are precious and irreplaceable and testimony to what we are as a part of human civilisation. With time old books form a part of inheritance and are passed from generation to generation as treasured heirloom pieces. Digital data can never take place of that!

You have rightly said that. In fact, when my grandfather passed away and we got his collections of books as inheritance, there were many books which are no longer available in the market.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

You have rightly said that. In fact, when my grandfather passed away and we got his collections of books as inheritance, there were many books which are no longer available in the market.

Such precious books are not available even in google books or in e book form.
Do you think e-books and internet data will replace books one day? This has already happened to some degree :blink:

Nothing will replace anything as everything has its own utility and reason to be in place.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Do you think e-books and internet data will replace books one day? This has already happened to some degree :blink:

Nothing will replace anything as everything has its own utility and reason to be in place.

Exactly. Some of the most famous Journalists all over the world still use old typewriters. Electronic typewriters didn't make any dent.

Exactly. Some of the most famous Journalists all over the world still use old typewriters. Electronic typewriters didn't make any dent.

In Kolkata many people use the old model typewriters. It has not been replaced so easily. India may develop quickly but the habits of the Indians won't change easily. We prefer old stuffs more than the new one.

In Kolkata many people use the old model typewriters. It has not been replaced so easily. India may develop quickly but the habits of the Indians won't change easily. We prefer old stuffs more than the new one.

Everything new need not be the best always. I always keep my old things in tact as long as they serve my purpose.
I do not think that Ebook will replace original book but no doubt it will like people see new released film by pirated cd.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I do not think that Ebook will replace original book but no doubt it will like people see new released film by pirated cd.

Reading ebook causes strain to the eye. In addition to this,glare will cause damage to the retina.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.