Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Abs. anything benefits humans be it religion is good.

Any thing be it god or religion, if it lacks Human element, it's not worth considering.
For some people religion and god is an extension of their own life - like for example some people treat god as one more entity like their family or friends and since they are unable to see him/her, they communicate and show respect which gives them a lot of inner peace.I guess this is good enough for them since they can draw strength from their belief ...

Exactly..originally religion is indeed meant for the same person, to provide guidelines for leading life and to provide strength to face adversities.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Many people tend to criticize religion only to emphasize their own point of view just by forgetting religion is entirely a personal matter, is some one give away huge money to Lord, then it is personal so as some one not giving away anything it is also personal matter.

Religion is criticized for the ill effects on common man. If you are able to think and act rationally and not fall prey to the unscupulous elements who use religion fore their selfish motive, all is well.

I agree with you. Whatever you do or whatever you believe should be restricted to one's self. They should not be forced on others and those who do not contribute to your views should not be viewed as sinners. Each has his own rationality and believes. This will avoid lot of clashes and arguments
For some people religion and god is an extension of their own life - like for example some people treat god as one more entity like their family or friends and since they are unable to see him/her, they communicate and show respect which gives them a lot of inner peace.I guess this is good enough for them since they can draw strength from their belief ...

Exactly..originally religion is indeed meant for the same person, to provide guidelines for leading life and to provide strength to face adversities.

But the evolution of Religion as an institution has been tremendous.In some ways it has become better but in more ways than one it has brought in more misery to people.Blind faith and greed for power has made it what it is today...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The hypocrisy still remains when people say that there is no religion and even then they still believe in it and follow it as a culture and tradition.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.