Cryptozoology is the study of unknown or unexplained animals that have been reported but not yet accepted by science. In the Himalayas there is the report of a large king kong like creature termed 'Yeti' which many has been seen by many. Giant footprints have been found in the snow and a few fuzzy vids of the creature have been uploaded on youtube. Similarly another such creature, a lake monster termed 'Nessie' is said to reside in the waters of Loch Ness of the UK. It is reported as a prehistoric water dinosaur like creature with a long neck and bulky body. Scientific expeditions to the Lake confirmed the presence of a large creature in the lake but nobody came up with solid evidence. Only eyewitness accounts with a few fuzzy pictures remain. Such creatures are reported the world over. They are termed as 'cryptids'. Do you think cryptids exist? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are no concrete proofs as to the existence of creatures like the Yeti or the Loch Ness Monster, but these tales do have a certain charm to them and that, I like to believe in! For the skeptics, I am sure , such creatures or animals do not exist or have never existed!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I have been reading about cryptids since a long time especially about yeti and about it's footprints. The mystery surrounding cryptids is yet to be unravelled. But there are a myriad organisms about whose existence even science is also not clear. Regarding belief, being a common man,my mind oscillates from Yes to No.
There are large varieties of breeds of animal.Most of them are still undiscovered. A number of those still undiscovered can most likely qualify as a cryptid.

therefore according to me, I believe in some cryptids.
There are large varieties of breeds of animal.Most of them are still undiscovered. A number of those still undiscovered can most likely qualify as a cryptid.

Unless science comes up with a substantial evidence, the existence of Cryptids cannot be accepted. Because the research about the existence of Cryptids still going on.

Unless science comes up with a substantial evidence, the existence of Cryptids cannot be accepted. Because the research about the existence of Cryptids still going on.

Some cryptids are discovered by our science but still many cryptids have to be discovered in future.

Some cryptids are discovered by our science but still many cryptids have to be discovered in future.

They discovered some clues like foot prints. But there is no proof of their existence, antecedents and precedents of these cryptids.
There are many species of animals and birds which no longer exists in today's world. Therefore experts refuse to believe in their existence. It is considered that such animals lived only in stories and myths but not in reality. I have never seen such cryptids. Hence I cannot say whether they truly exists in India or not. It may be true or may be false.
There are many species of animals and birds which no longer exists in today's world. Therefore experts refuse to believe in their existence. It is considered that such animals lived only in stories and myths but not in reality. I have never seen such cryptids. Hence I cannot say whether they truly exists in India or not. It may be true or may be false.

Those who study cryptozoology say that such creatures may be the a few of the last surviving dinosaurs, giant apes etc which have somehow managed to remain hidden in remote lakes, forests and oceans.

Mala Jaiswar

Those who study cryptozoology say that such creatures may be the a few of the last surviving dinosaurs, giant apes etc which have somehow managed to remain hidden in remote lakes, forests and oceans.

May or may not be.I know the research on these mysterious cryptids are still in experimental stage. One day when the studies confirm the whereabouts and whatabouts of these creatures we can have a definitive idea about their origin if they are really from the Dinosaurs clan.

May or may not be.I know the research on these mysterious cryptids are still in experimental stage. One day when the studies confirm the whereabouts and whatabouts of these creatures we can have a definitive idea about their origin if they are really from the Dinosaurs clan.

There are many people who just spread rumours to become famous and earn money. Therefore the foreigner research scholars verify and then believe in the existence of such animals. Till now I have heard that the foot prints of "Yeti" was seen many years back. That may be original or artificial, is a mystery.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.