Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Parents have a big role in educating the children in such a way, when the child steps in to the school, the child will not feel any newness in the school curriculum including sex education. The child should feel that his education is nothing but an extension of what he learned from his parents. Before he enters the school, parents are his first teachers. And home is his first school.

Time is changing swiftly. Nowadays, the children are achieving puberty at a very early ages i.e. around between 12 to 16 years. So, in my opinion, Sex education shall be introduced to children at the age of 12 years.

Umang Shah wrote:

Time is changing swiftly. Nowadays, the children are achieving puberty at a very early ages i.e. around between 12 to 16 years. So, in my opinion, Sex education shall be introduced to children at the age of 12 years.

. It is right that they are achieving puberty in childhood. But It is not true for every child. I think 14 year right age for sex education.

anil wrote:
Umang Shah wrote:

. It is right that they are achieving puberty in childhood. But It is not true for every child. I think 14 year right age for sex education.

I believe the perfect age for introducing sex education is when a student reaches class 9 or 10. That's when a girl or a boy grows matured enough to understand the dangers and responsibilities that come along with it.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
anil wrote:
Umang Shah wrote:

I believe the perfect age for introducing sex education is when a student reaches class 9 or 10. That's when a girl or a boy grows matured enough to understand the dangers and responsibilities that come along with it.

I beg to defer because  from what i have seen that now students begin tneir adventures far earlier and it is wiser to introduce sex education  right from high school onwards. In fact in many private schools it is already being done.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Saurav Banerjee wrote:
anil wrote:
Umang Shah wrote:

I beg to defer because  from what i have seen that now students begin tneir adventures far earlier and it is wiser to introduce sex education  right from high school onwards. In fact in many private schools it is already being done.

Yes in a way you are right. A child is no more a child today. Very unfortunately, they are losing their innocence rapidly everyday. Various factors such as peer pressure, western civilization influences, social networking sites like Facebook, and apps like WhatsApp are the main reasons behind it.

Saurav Banerjee wrote:
anil wrote:
Umang Shah wrote:

Menses start in female nearby at 14 years. Most of girls are not aware with it. So I think it is right time to educate them about change in body. In these days government and NGO are installing sanitry pad weeding machines in school, it is also helpful in sex education.

An age appropriate sex education is needed at all ages starting from the kindergarten.  Talks about good touch,  bad touch,  safe people need to be addressed to very young children as they are more vulnerable to abuses. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Arunima Singh wrote:

An age appropriate sex education is needed at all ages starting from the kindergarten.  Talks about good touch,  bad touch,  safe people need to be addressed to very young children as they are more vulnerable to abuses. 

Yes that's a vital point. Unfortunately, the way the society has shaped up, kids are not at all safe these days. We come to hear numerous abuses like that every day. Therefore, it's the collective responsibility of the school and the parents to spread the awareness.

Arunima Singh wrote:

True Arunima, children from all age groups are now a target for sexual predators and so the earlier start educating them, the better. Unfortunately, it is still the lack of understanding on part of the parents that are a problem, especially in rural areas. So many times we read about girls from school falling prey to advances of unsrcupulous males, especially from their own families and they get pregnant. The girls themselves remain unaware of their pregnancy and even their mothers are ignorant and the whole thing comes out when the girl delivers a child. The girl is then conveniently thrown out of the home and the child left in some orphanage. I have seen one such girl with my own eyes when I was at the maternity home during my son's birth. The girl was just 13 and she was brought there from a faraway village by a social worker. None of her parents or family were there for her.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.