Have you ever wondered why you don't get any news updates from the Russian region on TV channels or in the newspapers? When was the last time we got news of any major incident in Russia? When the region was formerly known as Soviet we used to get many news from the region but now there is nothing. Why?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You have a point. Now I am very curious to know the reason. Can you just write it here?
You have a point. Now I am very curious to know the reason. Can you just write it here?

Russia is always known for keeping the things under wraps. Whatever we see or seen are released under the strict supervision of their intelligence agencies. That's why Russia is known as Iron Curtain. Nothing comes out easily.
Most of news from Russia in internet is published through their local domains such as dot ru, and news can be searched in their local news search engine such as Yandex, there are plenty of news there, it is the problem with Indian news agencies why there are not collecting news from these sources?

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: DIPU S KUMAR, RobertP
Have you ever wondered why you don't get any news updates from the Russian region on TV channels or in the newspapers? When was the last time we got news of any major incident in Russia? When the region was formerly known as Soviet we used to get many news from the region but now there is nothing. Why?

Now that you have pointed out, even I am thinking in same terms. I haven't heard or read any news from Russia for last couple of months or is that years?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Most of news from Russia in internet is published through their local domains such as dot ru, and news can be searched in their local news search engine such as Yandex, there are plenty of news there, it is the problem with Indian news agencies why there are not collecting news from these sources?

Ya, I think you are right idea why we cannot get any news from Russia... Even, I hardly heard any news related to Russia.
I think foreigners are now prohibited from entering into their country for the purpose of news and broadcasting.
I think foreigners are now prohibited from entering into their country for the purpose of news and broadcasting.

There are many news websites like Pravda, Moscow times to name a few which give News about Russia. But all that appears is censored news. Russia doesn’t enjoy press freedom as much as we do in India.

Ya, I think you are right idea why we cannot get any news from Russia... Even, I hardly heard any news related to Russia.

Why from Russia only? We don't get any news from other countries as well accept the US and Britain for that matter unless you click the right tabs. Almost every news is available on Internationals tabs on every channel but it is not available on front pages of any channels.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Why from Russia only? We don't get any news from other countries as well accept the US and Britain for that matter unless you click the right tabs. Almost every news is available on Internationals tabs on every channel but it is not available on front pages of any channels.

Yes, Internet provides all the news you want. If you know the right name of a particular country's official press authority like PTI for India, you will be taken to the news site you need.
It is after the return of Putin to power in Russia, more restrictions have been imposed on the press and there have been incidents of attacks against reporters in several parts of country. Internet resources do have many news updates but even today, news on internet also goes through censorship and may not be completely reliable and accurate. Also I wish to bring to notice that we in India or elsewhere in the world, are more prone to look for news about USA, UK and China only and give less importance to news from other countries!

Here is an article I found about press freedom in Russia, who really read seriously will find it interesting!

http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/2013/russia#.UuX2RPu6Zkg

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.