I logged into my FB account after several days and was browsing my profile randomly and was surprised to find myself following a number of groups I have absolutely no interest in. It took me quite a while to Leave those groups. Does it happen to you guys? I mean how irritating it is that someone randomly adds you to groups that they follow without asking your permission??? I knew hardly anyone in those groups and it made me feel so irritated that people who are strangers to me in those groups can easily view my profile, pictures of me and my family I have added only for the benefits of my friends and families! :blink: :blink: :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I logged into my FB account after several days and was browsing my profile randomly and was surprised to find myself following a number of groups I have absolutely no interest in. It took me quite a while to Leave those groups. Does it happen to you guys? I mean how irritating it is that someone randomly adds you to groups that they follow without asking your permission??? I knew hardly anyone in those groups and it made me feel so irritated that people who are strangers to me in those groups can easily view my profile, pictures of me and my family I have added only for the benefits of my friends and families! :blink: :blink: :blink:

On the member's request only one can Join a group of his or her interests.. A group is generally led by a captain or the leader of the group. For example, very recently, We, in this forum had a thread on Geeta Dutt. In one of my threads, i posted a line drawing of Geetadutt, which our member Usha liked and posted the same drawing in a group called 'Geeta Dutt club or group. in which she was a member. The leader of the group liked it and made it as the Front page of Geeta Dutt club. On this Usha suggested me to join the group, but i have to send a request to the group leader. I have done it as suggested by Usha. Only then I was made a member of that group.
I wonder how you were added in a group without your consent.

There is a link on the Facebook site where you can post your complains. Tell the Facebook team about this problem.

Mala Jaiswar

On the member's request only one can Join a group of his or her interests.. A group is generally led by a captain or the leader of the group. For example, very recently, We, in this forum had a thread on Geeta Dutt. In one of my threads, i posted a line drawing of Geetadutt, which our member Usha liked and posted the same drawing in a group called 'Geeta Dutt club or group. in which she was a member. The leader of the group liked it and made it as the Front page of Geeta Dutt club. On this Usha suggested me to join the group, but i have to send a request to the group leader. I have done it as suggested by Usha. Only then I was made a member of that group.

I had no idea that permissions are needed, because I was never sent notification regarding joining any such groups, which is why I was all the more surprised. But thankfully when I clicked on Leave Group icon it did ask me if I wanted to click on, "Prevent other members from adding you to Group" so that takes care of it, I guess!

I had no idea that permissions are needed, because I was never sent notification regarding joining any such groups, which is why I was all the more surprised. But thankfully when I clicked on Leave Group icon it did ask me if I wanted to click on, "Prevent other members from adding you to Group" so that takes care of it, I guess!

Oh.. 'Leave group' facility has saved you. Yes, why you should join as a member in a group in which you have no interest?

That can be annoying ! But from what I know unless you click a certain group page and accepted by the admin you cannot be part of the group, at least thats how it is with the groups i have joined in. St the same time a few are just waiting for you to click by accident and you become part of the group, it has happened to me although I was not interested

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Firstly if you have not liked any group and automatic a your Facebook account is following different groups it seems yours fb privacy settings are compromised. reach to settings from upper right and change http to https. then change password and change privacy setting public to friends.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is better to hide profile from the strangers. I have few friends and they are least interested in any groups. Even I don't have any interest in the groups.
Firstly if you have not liked any group and automatic a your Facebook account is following different groups it seems yours fb privacy settings are compromised. reach to settings from upper right and change http to https. then change password and change privacy setting public to friends.

Thanks a lot Mohan, I had not looked at the privacy settings for quite some time. I will check them asap and change them accordingly!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Best thing is to hide your profile and friend list from someone who you do not know. Even I hide my profile and friend lists from stranger, and I am free from such irritating groups.
Honestly I was thinking that it need our permission to accept if someone wants to add us in any group.. That's what I found when one of my friend tried to add me in his group.

But recently even I found the same thing as you. I found my self following some politic group which I never interest.. I don't know how it happens but just like you instantly i un-followed it.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.