India has developed immensely since the country became free from the clutches of the British. The once illiterate country now houses the headquarters of software companies (In Bangalore and Gurgaon, New Delhi). India has the largest number of mobile phone connections-Even more that the USA. An internet ready nation, you can access the net easily in any state or even a rural village. The second biggest democracy in the world, there is nothing that you cannot find in the markets of India. Despite these achievements, many people still want to settle abroad as they think that the 'quality of life' is better there. Why are pople still interested in settling abroad?

Proud to be an Indian....

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
India has developed immensely since the country became free from the clutches of the British. The once illiterate country now houses the headquarters of software companies (In Bangalore and Gurgaon, New Delhi). India has the largest number of mobile phone connections-Even more that the USA. An internet ready nation, you can access the net easily in any state or even a rural village. The second biggest democracy in the world, there is nothing that you cannot find in the markets of India. Despite these achievements, many people still want to settle abroad as they think that the 'quality of life' is better there. Why are pople still interested in settling abroad?

Proud to be an Indian....

A real Indian cannot Think of settling in abroad. India is our mother. We learn every thing in India, and when our country need our service, we make our way to abroad. I cannot cheat India.
Choice of settling within India or abroad is not the criteria for proving oneself as a patriot. Isn't it a fact that all the horrible crimes are being committed by Indian nationals and not foreigners except in cases of terrorism??? Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc. and are not related to patriotism.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Indians settled aboard permanently or temporarily are no lesser (but even more in most cases) patriotic or religious than people living in India. People do not go their because they have given up being proud of their motherland but they go their for different reasons. And to share a secret with you, most of them are contributing even more for the sake of their country compared to what they could if they lived back in India.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What's wrong in showing interest to settle abroad? Man is always in search of greener avenues. Why migratory birds from Siberia travel thousands of miles to settle in Indian Bird sanctuaries? The single reason for any living organism to show keenness to settle in some other place is/"quest for MORE.".
Indians settled in foreign countries are the only people who show real patriotism by adhering to their traditions and culture than the Indians in India..
Indians who have settled abroad also help to promote Indian culture. They are the biggest consumers of Indian movies oversees. Many NRIs invest in Indian share markets thus contributing to our economy.
Indians who have settled abroad also help to promote Indian culture. They are the biggest consumers of Indian movies oversees. Many NRIs invest in Indian share markets thus contributing to our economy.

The contribution of Indians settled abroad is much more in the fields of financial, culture than their Indian counterparts. Those people are more conscious about their Indian roots than the Indians in India.
I dont see anything wrong in Indians settling anywhere in the world, since it does not take away your ove for the country nor Indianness. You have to make the best of the opportunities available to you and why shlould you restrict yourself when you get one here or anywhere else ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Choice of settling within India or abroad is not the criteria for proving oneself as a patriot. Isn't it a fact that all the horrible crimes are being committed by Indian nationals and not foreigners except in cases of terrorism??? Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc. and are not related to patriotism.

My question was why Indians prefer to settle abroad when they can get everything in India these days. The question is not related to patriotism.

Mala Jaiswar
What's wrong in showing interest to settle abroad? Man is always in search of greener avenues. Why migratory birds from Siberia travel thousands of miles to settle in Indian Bird sanctuaries? The single reason for any living organism to show keenness to settle in some other place is/"quest for MORE.".
Indians settled in foreign countries are the only people who show real patriotism by adhering to their traditions and culture than the Indians in India..

When did I say that it is wrong to settle abroad? You don't get the point of the question. I am saying why do Indians prefer to reside abroad when they can get everything in India these days.

Mala Jaiswar

When did I say that it is wrong to settle abroad? You don't get the point of the question. I am saying why do Indians prefer to reside abroad when they can get everything in India these days.

Okay, now the emphasis is on WHY, in that case answer is people can go anywhere, wherever they find an opportunity, according to their own qualification (And money) The day they will get as much money in India, they will stop going anywhere else, besides the living standard also counts to certain extent. Also, the most important fact is that a person is best off, where the job satisfaction is an important point. The world is a big global village now and one is free to live anywhere without having to sacrifice his feelings for his own country.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.