Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
What's wrong in showing interest to settle abroad? Man is always in search of greener avenues. Why migratory birds from Siberia travel thousands of miles to settle in Indian Bird sanctuaries? The single reason for any living organism to show keenness to settle in some other place is/"quest for MORE.".
Indians settled in foreign countries are the only people who show real patriotism by adhering to their traditions and culture than the Indians in India..

When did I say that it is wrong to settle abroad? You don't get the point of the question. I am saying why do Indians prefer to reside abroad when they can get everything in India these days.

You get the answer for your Why? In the very first line of my answer. There is nothing in your thread not to understand .
People go to foreign countries in search of greener pastures. That should answer your question.
What's wrong in showing interest to settle abroad? Man is always in search of greener avenues. Why migratory birds from Siberia travel thousands of miles to settle in Indian Bird sanctuaries? The single reason for any living organism to show keenness to settle in some other place is/"quest for MORE.".
Indians settled in foreign countries are the only people who show real patriotism by adhering to their traditions and culture than the Indians in India..

When did I say that it is wrong to settle abroad? You don't get the point of the question. I am saying why do Indians prefer to reside abroad when they can get everything in India these days.

You get the answer for your Why? In the very first line of my answer. There is nothing in your thread not to understand .
People go to foreign countries in search of greener pastures. That should answer your question.

What I am trying to say is that now pastures are available in our own country. They are getting better.

Mala Jaiswar
Choice of settling within India or abroad is not the criteria for proving oneself as a patriot. Isn't it a fact that all the horrible crimes are being committed by Indian nationals and not foreigners except in cases of terrorism??? Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc. and are not related to patriotism.

My question was why Indians prefer to settle abroad when they can get everything in India these days. The question is not related to patriotism.

I already gave that answer to in my post "Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc."

Even water that stays in one place for long becomes stagnant and unusable and it is the inherent nature of man to keep moving!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What I am trying to say is that now pastures are available in our own country. They are getting better.

You are right. Man's wants are unlimited. He will not be satisfied with "GOOD" at his disposal. He looks towards "BETTER" and towards the BEST. And this quest goes on and on.
Choice of settling within India or abroad is not the criteria for proving oneself as a patriot. Isn't it a fact that all the horrible crimes are being committed by Indian nationals and not foreigners except in cases of terrorism??? Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc. and are not related to patriotism.

My question was why Indians prefer to settle abroad when they can get everything in India these days. The question is not related to patriotism.

I already gave that answer to in my post "Choice of settling abroad is a conglomerate of many different factors such as higher education, use of their talents, compensation directly proportional to skills and knowledge etc."

Even water that stays in one place for long becomes stagnant and unusable and it is the inherent nature of man to keep moving!

Very true ! Most importantly there is no comparison when it comes to minor things like infra structure and day today conveniences which is lacking in India.In fact even countries like Malayasia, Thailand and South American countries are way ahead when it comes to quality of life ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Very true ! Most importantly there is no comparison when it comes to minor things like infra structure and day today conveniences which is lacking in India.In fact even countries like Malayasia, Thailand and South American countries are way ahead when it comes to quality of life ...

Very true....and if one did not have access to better quality of life then people would not strive to settle outside, but with globalisation the world has come closer and more and people are able to easily move across countries and if they ARE able to settle in the foreign countries which are cleaner, greener, have better infrastructure etc. then why would they wish to come back where one has to break his head over every little thing?

Very true....and if one did not have access to better quality of life then people would not strive to settle outside, but with globalisation the world has come closer and more and people are able to easily move across countries and if they ARE able to settle in the foreign countries which are cleaner, greener, have better infrastructure etc. then why would they wish to come back where one has to break his head over every little thing?

I have known many people come back after having lived abroad for many years with the intent of coming home and being in their own country but most of them get disillusioned with the system and go back ! It is even harder for them to accept the lapses, the red tape and the corruption which has become an everyday affair here besides the dirt ,filth and lack of civic sense by the masses. Being first in communication and connectivity is an individualistic matter whereas lack of civic sense hits everyone and more so for those who have gotten used to a better clleaner,well run system ! Since one cannot hope to see a change in ones life time and also can only do so much towards improving it, one opts for better opportunities eleswhere !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have known many people come back after having lived abroad for many years with the intent of coming home and being in their own country but most of them get disillusioned with the system and go back ! It is even harder for them to accept the lapses, the red tape and the corruption which has become an everyday affair here besides the dirt ,filth and lack of civic sense by the masses. Being first in communication and connectivity is an individualistic matter whereas lack of civic sense hits everyone and more so for those who have gotten used to a better clleaner,well run system ! Since one cannot hope to see a change in ones life time and also can only do so much towards improving it, one opts for better opportunities eleswhere !

Exactly...here in India for very small things, we have deal with a lot of hassles so people who really want to start something or do something new, in due course of time their enthusiasm and will to do things die down because of the system. Starting from a grade four worker to the topmost official everyone is involved in corruption. People without any merits are promoted quickly and what is worst reservation in all fields make it extremely hard for people form certain communities get jobs that they really deserve. So it is imperative that they prefer to settle abroad where their true worth is recognised and the get proper jobs according to their qualifications. Here if at all they get such jobs by fluke, people from reserved classes are sitting ready to demoralize that person so much that eventually he or she has to quit! I know this for a fact because I belong to that community for which doors are closed in government jobs and I have seen what happens to those who do get jobs by fluke! :blink:

Exactly...here in India for very small things, we have deal with a lot of hassles so people who really want to start something or do something new, in due course of time their enthusiasm and will to do things die down because of the system. Starting from a grade four worker to the topmost official everyone is involved in corruption. People without any merits are promoted quickly and what is worst reservation in all fields make it extremely hard for people form certain communities get jobs that they really deserve. So it is imperative that they prefer to settle abroad where their true worth is recognised and the get proper jobs according to their qualifications. Here if at all they get such jobs by fluke, people from reserved classes are sitting ready to demoralize that person so much that eventually he or she has to quit! I know this for a fact because I belong to that community for which doors are closed in government jobs and I have seen what happens to those who do get jobs by fluke! :blink:

I agree ! It can be quite frustrating, we too have no reservations and I had to constantly remind my children to do their best since only they could help themselves..I remember when we went for CET counselling although my son had got a rank within the first 100, he lost one of the subjects in engineering because of reservation ! The boy who got it had a rank of 20,000 odd ! I feel that reservatins are a curse to our society constantly pulling it back...

I agree ! It can be quite frustrating, we too have no reservations and I had to constantly remind my children to do their best since only they could help themselves..I remember when we went for CET counselling although my son had got a rank within the first 100, he lost one of the subjects in engineering because of reservation ! The boy who got it had a rank of 20,000 odd ! I feel that reservatins are a curse to our society constantly pulling it back...

Yes, it is so so frustrating after you have worked so hard and someone else who is far far behind you gets the seat or the job! Unless reservation is taken off of all government jobs, brain drain will keep happening and our country will be brought to such a state from where it will be very hard to recover!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.