The world has become a deplorable place these days. Children are committing crimes, experimenting with drugs/alcohol/cigarettes/, running away from homes etc. What can be done to inculcate moral values in children at a young age so that they grow up as responsible citizens?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
These days parents are becoming busy people. But in that busy schedule they should give enough time to their children.. They need to be strict at some point and soft in other time. Parents can tell do many things like telling them stories which are entertaining but also give them proper morals.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
I attribute juvenile delinquency to bad and irresponsible parenting. Mostly families where there are bad relations between husband and wife are the breeding grounds for delinquent children. There is only one solution to arrest this plague. Harmony, peace and tranquility in the family will do the magic.
If parents them conduct themselves along principles and morals, then they do not have to do anything different to inculcate those values in children because they automatically follow their parents. Sadly parents do not have any time to spend with children and when they do see them, they are at their worst best, tired and irritated from a long day at work and prefer spending time before TV or laptop, so children turn to their own peers or to what they see on TV and in Movies.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

For bringing children on the right path and filled moral values in children. Parent must be responsible. Children learn many thing from children. Parent need to give proper time to their children.
Parents are busy and children are addicted to internet these days. They don't have grand parents who would watch over them when the parents are not home. Grand parents taught us values through stories of the past. These stories always have a moral lesson in the end and they tend to stick with you for the rest of your life.
They say there is no better educational institution than Home, in which parents are the teachers. Children have a great ability to emulate the parents.
Your children will become what you are; so be what you want them to be – David Bly.
This quote says it all.Parents should set an example. If you want your child to wake up early in the morning, First parents should set an example.
I agree. Children learn from what they see at home. That is why parents should be careful about their behavior in front of their children.
Many parents underestimate the children's receptive strength. With this frame of mind, parents do all kinds of things unwanted and undesirable acts in the presence of children. They are oblivious of the hazardous effects that leave an indelible mark on the tender hearts in the long run.
The parents could read their children some bed time stories from Panchtantra or other such books. These stories always have a good moral lesson in the end.
The parents could read their children some bed time stories from Panchtantra or other such books. These stories always have a good moral lesson in the end.

Even doing yourself what your child want to be will help a lot. My father navel taught me to make a habit of book reading. Instead, I noticed his love towards books. How passionate he becomes the moment he sees a new arrival in the magazine centers. This ignited my passion in a small way, which later became a flame. And you how this habit benefits people. This is an example. When I could do you too can do.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.