We see some people being careful , even frugal inspite of being affluent ! I feel that people who have been rich for generations develop a respect for money and use it carefully whereas those who become rich overnight tend to splurge and show the society that they too are wealthy...Personally I feel that money if gotten through fair means should be spent wisely no matter how much you have...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
everyone has his own way of life. It is natural that one who has become rich suddenly and suffered poverty in past will be more extravagent and be eager to satisfy his fantasy. I am reminded of a panjabi proverb- A thirsty person suddenly reached water. He drank so much that his stomach ached.'

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ofcourse hard earning money is very lovable to all and have to pay where they need..Uselessly expenditure of money is not a wise thing.....If i have money i spent it very wisely....
Warren Buffett, fourth richest man in the world worth over $50 billion and donates $ 30 billion for charity lives in a 55 year old house that consists of just 5 bedrooms. Had he wanted, he could have lived in 20 bed roomed villa.
Is he a miser? Stingy?
No. He knows besides creating money, he knows how to avoid unnecessary extravagance . This prudence and frugality makes him richer by day even today.
It’s only who become rich by winning a lottery will throw their money ultimately reaching back to square No. 1
Warren Buffett, fourth richest man in the world worth over $50 billion and donates $ 30 billion for charity lives in a 55 year old house that consists of just 5 bedrooms. Had he wanted, he could have lived in 20 bed roomed villa.
Is he a miser? Stingy?
No. He knows besides creating money, he knows how to avoid unnecessary extravagance . This prudence and frugality makes him richer by day even today.
It’s only who become rich by winning a lottery will throw their money ultimately reaching back to square No. 1

Yes, wastage of money is not good. People who earn money by hard way they know the importance of money. Those who get money by easy means they only expanse in unnecessary thing....
When I started this topic I thought of a live example of a very poor laborer in our town who had a small piece of land , a longish piece on which he had one room house which nobody would buy.But a couple of years ago the land was acquired by the corporation for widenig the road and he got a compensation of more than 3 lakh rupees for 4 cents of land . He and his family instead of investing in land or at least investing it, blew up the entire money in a matter of 3 months and now are back to square one, working on construction sites ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

When I started this topic I thought of a live example of a very poor laborer in our town who had a small piece of land , a longish piece on which he had one room house which nobody would buy.But a couple of years ago the land was acquired by the corporation for widenig the road and he got a compensation of more than 3 lakh rupees for 4 cents of land . He and his family instead of investing in land or at least investing it, blew up the entire money in a matter of 3 months and now are back to square one, working on construction sites ...

Those who are not aware of frugality will often ridicule a person as a Miser. And such people are destined to land in the garbage bins ultimately.

Such people never had money and when they get it they don't know what to do with it. There is a reason why a rich man gets richer. He know how money works. He will always buy assets first and reduce his liabilities.

@ rambabu
Those who are not aware of frugality will often ridicule a person as a Miser. And such people are destined to land in the garbage bins ultimately.

Such people never had money and when they get it they don't know what to do with it. There is a reason why a rich man gets richer. He know how money works. He will always buy assets first and reduce his liabilities.

One need not be a miser but be balanced and learn how to manage money effectively so that it works for you. I agree that unless you respect money and take care you may be in the red most of the time cursing everybody else and your fate...

@ rambabu

One need not be a miser but be balanced and learn how to manage money effectively so that it works for you. I agree that unless you respect money and take care you may be in the red most of the time cursing everybody else and your fate...

Yes this is a common trait in people who are financially ignorant. They always blame the government or other people for their financial conditions or problems.
@Usha, you are right, people who have had money for generations learn to respect it and use it wisely but the nouveau rich who suddenly come into money are all going overboard trying to spend it as fast as they can. It is the case with people from middle classes who started earning hoards of it thanks to IT boom and people with lands whose lands were bought for development, these people show no respect for money and spend it in malls, trying to show off their possessions, cars etc. Of course there are exceptions to these!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.