Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Appearance is first impression and naturally this is significant to love. We look for beauty even in inanimate objects we use. The good looking things sell even if intrinsic quality is bad. Outward look is also important and is first attraction though on revelation of other bad intrinsic quality, love may fade.

Yes we are attracted towards beauty. It's hard wired in our DNA. Beauty is just an illusion but it is important.
Appearance is first impression and naturally this is significant to love. We look for beauty even in inanimate objects we use. The good looking things sell even if intrinsic quality is bad. Outward look is also important and is first attraction though on revelation of other bad intrinsic quality, love may fade.

Yes we are attracted towards beauty. It's hard wired in our DNA. Beauty is just an illusion but it is important.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. That's why we can say, Beauty is a relative term. Not absolute. A thing of beauty for one ,may not be so for another.
If love is neutral to outward looks and all then the question which must follow is how many of us dream about marrying a less beautiful or less handsome person as our partners?? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

LOL, none I guess ! But that is until you meet the right person and once the magic happens then looks become secondary or rather he or she becomes the most beautiful person in the world :cheer:

I can't agree more!!! Very true!!

I am reminded of an incident that happened to someone I know. The boy saw a very beautiful girl in a wedding reception and was totally smitten by her so much so that he got his friends to get all her details and finally came to know that she was studying in a local college. He went there and waited for her and when he saw her , went nd intoduced himself and invited her to have coffee with him and spoke to her . Having spoken to her , he realised that she was all beauty no brians and quite self centered and proud because of her looks. Now the girl liked the fellow but he had fully gotten over her...

I have seen similar examples where people who were infatuated by someone for their looks, were totally disillusioned once they got into relationship for there was nothing in common where ideas, values, interests were concerned.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If love is neutral to outward looks and all then the question which must follow is how many of us dream about marrying a less beautiful or less handsome person as our partners?? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

LOL, none I guess ! But that is until you meet the right person and once the magic happens then looks become secondary or rather he or she becomes the most beautiful person in the world :cheer:

I can't agree more!!! Very true!!

I am reminded of an incident that happened to someone I know. The boy saw a very beautiful girl in a wedding reception and was totally smitten by her so much so that he got his friends to get all her details and finally came to know that she was studying in a local college. He went there and waited for her and when he saw her , went nd intoduced himself and invited her to have coffee with him and spoke to her . Having spoken to her , he realised that she was all beauty no brians and quite self centered and proud because of her looks. Now the girl liked the fellow but he had fully gotten over her...

I have seen similar examples where people who were infatuated by someone for their looks, were totally disillusioned once they got into relationship for there was nothing in common where ideas, values, interests were concerned.

Yes infatuation makes a person blind about the follies of the other person. Once you see the real nature of this person you may regret your decision.
Majority of the people cannot distinguish between love and infatuation. In fact such people are drawn towards each other due to external glamour. Once the glamour fades out over a period, then the realization starts ultimately leading to disastrous results.
Majority of the people cannot distinguish between love and infatuation. In fact such people are drawn towards each other due to external glamour. Once the glamour fades out over a period, then the realization starts ultimately leading to disastrous results.

Yes love and infatuation are completely different. Love at first sight is infatuation. but love that is nurtured through years of dedication and understanding is real and pure. True love nourishes the soul of a person.

Yes love and infatuation are completely different. Love at first sight is infatuation. but love that is nurtured through years of dedication and understanding is real and pure. True love nourishes the soul of a person.

Any relation built on infatuation will never last. It's only a relation built on trust and faith last for eternity.

Any relation built on infatuation will never last. It's only a relation built on trust and faith last for eternity.

Yes building a lasting relationship is like building a house. It should be built on a strong foundation of love, understanding and trust.

Yes building a lasting relationship is like building a house. It should be built on a strong foundation of love, understanding and trust.

Love is patient and kind. Infatuation hurries to seek the mundane pleasures. This difference makes a huge difference.

Love is patient and kind. Infatuation hurries to seek the mundane pleasures. This difference makes a huge difference.

Yes. In the present movies and books lust is portrayed as love.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.