Babies born to 'unmarried' women in our society are looked upon as disgusting. They are usually abandoned, sold or land up at the mercy of pimps, beggars or other anti social elements. Is it the fault of the baby that it has not been born among a 'married' couple?Why are babies born out of the system of wedlock looked on with disgust? What can be done to protect them?

Mala Jaiswar
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babies born to 'unmarried' women in our society are looked upon as disgusting. They are usually abandoned, sold or land up at the mercy of pimps, beggars or other anti social elements. Is it the fault of the baby that it has not been born among a 'married' couple?Why are babies born out of the system of wedlock looked on with disgust? What can be done to protect them?

Children born to unwed mothers are looked down or subjected to social castigation. Society thinks that it's a sin if a woman conceives before marriage. In mythologies you can see an example in the case of Karna born to Kunti.
With the changing times this norm of the society is being set aside by a few brave women. But defiance is not easy. The woman should have guts and she should be self sufficient.

Children born to unwed mothers are looked down or subjected to social castigation. Society thinks that it's a sin if a woman conceives before marriage. In mythologies you can see an example in the case of Karna born to Kunti.
With the changing times this norm of the society is being set aside by a few brave women. But defiance is not easy. The woman should have guts and she should be self sufficient.

Yes there are many taboos attached to unwed single mothers. Marriage is considered a sacred institution and the main objective of a marriage is raising a kid. Anyone who doesn't follow this norm is looked down on and labelled a sinner.
We are all affected by social norms. The children born out of illetimate relation are looked down upon for no fault of theirs. When children inherit parents' property and good things, it is obvious that they would also inherit what is bad or illegitimate about their parents.

This remind me of the movie Trishool. The hero (Amitabh Bachan) says to his bilogical father- "You are my illegitimate father'. Recntly, eminent leader N.D. Tiwari is also facing court case filed by his 'illegitimate' son.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is all about societies, since the topic starter has not mentioned any particular country I assume it's about all societies included, many societies are warming up to a NO-MARRIAGE lifestyle for different reasons. Nearly half of the western world is single. (And having children in some cases) .It’s starting to seem like single parents and childless couples are becoming more prevalent and likely to continue to become more prevalent in the future. Apparently, this is happening in the entire (so-called) developed world. More than 30 percent women have no plan of getting married but they are giving birth to children and there is no problem as such, no one is looking them down. Their children are getting all the facilities

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is all about societies, since the topic starter has not mentioned any particular country I assume it's about all societies included, many societies are warming up to a NO-MARRIAGE lifestyle for different reasons. Nearly half of the western world is single. (And having children in some cases) .It’s starting to seem like single parents and childless couples are becoming more prevalent and likely to continue to become more prevalent in the future. Apparently, this is happening in the entire (so-called) developed world. More than 30 percent women have no plan of getting married but they are giving birth to children and there is no problem as such, no one is looking them down. Their children are getting all the facilities

Single parent system has already in vogue in India, But they belong to higher strata of Society who do not care what the wagging tongues speak. I welcome this gesture.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.