Hello Everyone :)

I am confused on this thing. We all know that we have limited free transactions when we use our bank's ATM card in some other bank's ATM. As after that some amount of fees debited for the same.

Now just want to know that, suppose I am checking my balance or getting mini statement of my account from some other Bank's ATM. So will it also count as transaction.. or taking money is only count as transaction. :blink:

Confused... as I do check balance often. But if it is also count as transaction then I have to change my habit.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hello Everyone :)

I am confused on this thing. We all know that we have limited free transactions when we use our bank's ATM card in some other bank's ATM. As after that some amount of fees debited for the same.

Now just want to know that, suppose I am checking my balance or getting mini statement of my account from some other Bank's ATM. So will it also count as transaction.. or taking money is only count as transaction. :blink:

Confused... as I do check balance often. But if it is also count as transaction then I have to change my habit.

Yes checking your balance will be counted as one transaction. I was also confused about it, so I asked a bank employee.
Thank you said by: AKP
If you use the ATMs of the bank concerned there is no limit to the number of times..However, if you use the ATM card of one bank say for example an ICICI bank card in SBI ATM, there are limitations. You can have only 5 transactions each month which are free of charge...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, AKP, mohan manohar
Abhishek.. Thanks. Even I was confused at it.

Usha.. Yes that I know. I was confused at either checking balance count as transaction or not.

If you use the ATMs of the bank concerned there is no limit to the number of times..However, if you use the ATM card of one bank say for example an ICICI bank card in SBI ATM, there are limitations. You can have only 5 transactions each month which are free of charge...
Thanks, I was bit confused with this earlier, it means drawing money with SBI debit card in ICICI bank is permissible free of charge for five times in a month but in same bank it is free.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, AKP
Thanks, I was bit confused with this earlier, it means drawing money with SBI debit card in ICICI bank is permissible free of charge for five times in a month but in same bank it is free.

In fact we can withdraw cash from any ATM and as long as we restrict our outside transactions ( withdrawing from other banks ATMs) to 5 in a month we dont need to pay.Even after that it is minimum amount of between Rs.25 - 35 per transaction and one can use any ATM in an emergency...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: AKP, mohan manohar
Yeah.. If we use other bank's ATM we have limited transaction in a month.. That's what we need to keep in mind.

I was confused that either checking balance also count as transaction.. But now look like it also count as transaction and I need to keep that thing in my mind.. As I do it regularly.

It all started after bangalore ATM attack, for security reasons, I have seen in my native place at many ATM security guards are there.

It all started after bangalore ATM attack, for security reasons, I have seen in my native place at many ATM security guards are there.

It is easier to have guards in smaller cities because of the smaller number of ATMs.In my place too I see that all ATm that I have visited so far have security guards and many of them are within the bank itself .However, in larger cities because of the number of ATMs it is probably difficult to provide security for all of them.Compare this to the western countries where the ATms are situated in street corners, just a window outlet that you can access as you walk on the street with absolutely no security.This goes to show the kind of mentality that is there is in our country.No wonder we are the most immature and criminally minded and corrupt nation in the world.Unless you secure, people do not have the moral sense to distinguish between what is right and wrong !

It is easier to have guards in smaller cities because of the smaller number of ATMs.In my place too I see that all ATm that I have visited so far have security guards and many of them are within the bank itself .However, in larger cities because of the number of ATMs it is probably difficult to provide security for all of them.Compare this to the western countries where the ATms are situated in street corners, just a window outlet that you can access as you walk on the street with absolutely no security.This goes to show the kind of mentality that is there is in our country.No wonder we are the most immature and criminally minded and corrupt nation in the world.Unless you secure, people do not have the moral sense to distinguish between what is right and wrong !
We are in a country where we tend to falsify good and also developments perceived to be backward, and we tend to find every opportunity to create crime, here we means the criminal elements, I think community policing shoudl be the answer or change in political system could be the answer.

We are in a country where we tend to falsify good and also developments perceived to be backward, and we tend to find every opportunity to create crime, here we means the criminal elements, I think community policing shoudl be the answer or change in political system could be the answer.

More than anything else the entire mindset has to change ...people basically have no honesty thats why you have cheating and coirruption on a large scale.No amount of security wd help if people are constantly trying to outsmart the system and go ahead with their criminal activities..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.