When I just switched on the TV, incidentally the final moments of Netherlands's surprise crushing win over Ireland was being shown. What struck me was a that disturbed me as well. When the final six was hit, Netherlands won the match and all players - even those sitting in the dough out went literally crazy and mad at the win. That's quite understandable.
I don't know who hit the six, but he along with his non-strike partner threw their bats and helmets away. A couple of players, waiting for their turn to bat, removed their hand gloves and threw them away as well. Now what I have to say is that one should respect the things one use in their profession. Getting crazy and mad and ecstatic is all right. But Tendulkar has achieved so much and he never showed one such emotion on his face. He once said in an interview that one should respect the sporting gear that makes one great.
There are many such nuances. One needs to spot them. Great people aren't great for nothing.......Hats off, Sachin!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
When I just switched on the TV, incidentally the final moments of Netherlands's surprise crushing win over Ireland was being shown. What struck me was a that disturbed me as well. When the final six was hit, Netherlands won the match and all players - even those sitting in the dough out went literally crazy and mad at the win. That's quite understandable.
I don't know who hit the six, but he along with his non-strike partner threw their bats and helmets away. A couple of players, waiting for their turn to bat, removed their hand gloves and threw them away as well. Now what I have to say is that one should respect the things one use in their profession. Getting crazy and mad and ecstatic is all right. But Tendulkar has achieved so much and he never showed one such emotion on his face. He once said in an interview that one should respect the sporting gear that makes one great.
There are many such nuances. One needs to spot them. Great people aren't great for nothing.......Hats off, Sachin!!!

That Sachin is an epitome of humility is a well known fact. He refused an Ad that fetches him Crores for the reason the Ad wanted to show him as greater than the game. Similarly, he refused several Ads wiorth crores where he was to appear as a Demi god.

That Sachin is an epitome of humility is a well known fact. He refused an Ad that fetches him Crores for the reason the Ad wanted to show him as greater than the game. Similarly, he refused several Ads wiorth crores where he was to appear as a Demi god.

I saw a TV show 2-3 months back where an actor from Marathi film industry had invited Sachin, whose name was also Sachin. The actor's wife invited him on the stag during the program, came up to the steps and extended her hand, of course cordially to help him up. However, he equally cordially thanked her and climbed up himself without holding her hand. These are very minor things, but show the true personality of someone like Sachin. That shows his flawless character.

I saw a TV show 2-3 months back where an actor from Marathi film industry had invited Sachin, whose name was also Sachin. The actor's wife invited him on the stag during the program, came up to the steps and extended her hand, of course cordially to help him up. However, he equally cordially thanked her and climbed up himself without holding her hand. These are very minor things, but show the true personality of someone like Sachin. That shows his flawless character.

Just after he announced his retirement Sachin's virtues in all respects including what you referred now in the entire media both in electronic an print media. All those qualities made him stand head and shoulders above the rest

Just after he announced his retirement Sachin's virtues in all respects including what you referred now in the entire media both in electronic an print media. All those qualities made him stand head and shoulders above the rest

And due to that, he has been an inspiration to so many people, not only for cricketers, but for people in other fields as well. I remember some big personality had said about him when he was in his prime form : "I feel jealous of someone like Sachin Tendulkar. He loves the game of cricket and gets paid in crores".

And due to that, he has been an inspiration to so many people, not only for cricketers, but for people in other fields as well. I remember some big personality had said about him when he was in his prime form : "I feel jealous of someone like Sachin Tendulkar. He loves the game of cricket and gets paid in crores".

Of course it's understood. The greatness of a person increases with his humility. Greatness nether can be robbed nor distorted .

Of course it's understood. The greatness of a person increases with his humility. Greatness nether can be robbed nor distorted .

Rightly put. :)

Rightly put. :)

It's worth recalling the spin wizard Shane Warne at this juncture. " it's not true that the cricket world shudders to face me. There's is one, whom I shudder to bowl." it goes without saying he was referring Sachin.
Nothing wrong in such celebration.. Sachin has his own personality.. Surely hats off to him and his attitude towards cricket.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Nothing wrong in such celebration.. Sachin has his own personality.. Surely hats off to him and his attitude towards cricket.

There is nothing wrong in celebration. But Showmanship and over exulting is not appropriate in this gentleman's game. Sachin never resorts to such gimmicks. Even if he did, they are very subdued

There is nothing wrong in celebration. But Showmanship and over exulting is not appropriate in this gentleman's game. Sachin never resorts to such gimmicks. Even if he did, they are very subdued

Yes.. He is totally at different level..

Showmanship is totally different thing.. it is must in any sport. These days young players always get more excited about winning and success and they over do sometimes. Yes some behaviour should not be there but if it is in limit and not awkward for other team players then it is okay.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.