Hello all,
Today is Gudi Padawa - the beginning of a new year according to Marathi calendar. I take the opportunity to wish all members here a very happy Gudi Padawa.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hello all,
Today is Gudi Padawa - the beginning of a new year according to Marathi calendar. I take the opportunity to wish all members here a very happy Gudi Padawa.

Today is our Telugu Newyear day, Ugadi. For many states in India, today is the New year day. I wish you and all the members of Boddunan on this occasion.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Hello all,

Today is our Telugu Newyear day, Ugadi. For many states in India, today is the New year day. I wish you and all the members of Boddunan on this occasion.

Yes, many people are celebrating this auspicious day today. Good to know there is a different kind of air in the atmosphere... :)
Hello all,

Yes, many people are celebrating this auspicious day today. Good to know there is a different kind of air in the atmosphere... :)

It's a festival and naturally a festive atmospher will be there. Especially in India where there is a festival a day.
Hello all,

It's a festival and naturally a festive atmospher will be there. Especially in India where there is a festival a day.

India is a country of festivals and it is known to all and one who know our culture closely.
Hello all,

India is a country of festivals and it is known to all and one who know our culture closely.

Yes. Very much a culture of India as long as they are celebrated in a way that's prescribed in the scriptures. Not creating traffic blockades and blaring mikes piercing the eardrums. My celebrations are limited to my home only.
Hmm.. Don't know more about this day. But happy Gudi Padawa to all members.. Enjoy. ;)

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Today nav Ratris have begun. Each day is peculiar to some Goddess. Henc the Navratri are devoted to nene goddesses- one night for each. Wish all the best in this festive season.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu, mohan manohar
Today nav Ratris have begun. Each day is peculiar to some Goddess. Henc the Navratri are devoted to nene goddesses- one night for each. Wish all the best in this festive season.

I wish you a joyous festive season. It's the starting time for all the festivals in India.
Hmm.. Don't know more about this day. But happy Gudi Padawa to all members.. Enjoy. ;)

But now after reading all this I am sure you know much more. Happy celebrations

In Maharashtra Gudi Padwa is the beginning of the new year and also marks the beginning of Navratri dedicated to Lord Shriram, the Navratri ends with Ramnavmi, which is the celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ram.

Wish you a very very happy Gudi Padwa to everyone on boddunan!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.