Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I consider Lal bahadur shastri as a great visionary. He understood well the role of peasant and soldier. He very aptly coined the slogan- Jai Jawan Jai Kissan. We can be a very great nation if we just progress in africulture and agriculture based industry and become militarily strong.

So true...Shastriji was a true visionary who truly understood the importance of farmers. Today, we still call ourselves an agricultural country but farming is a profession which does not get the respect and notice it deserves. I am not sure about other states, but farmers in Maharashtra find it very difficult to get good educated brides! :blink: Many farmers today are first class graduates and post-grad doctorates in agriculture who are doing innovative experiments in their farms and yet they do not get respect due to them! Is it our fault or the government's for failing to impart dignity to the profession?

Respect depend on many factors. Our people are very greedy. They will give more respect to corrupt bureaucrat and will gladly accept him as groom for their daughter.

Lal Bahadur never demanded respect. Rather he won by leading by example.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I consider Lal bahadur shastri as a great visionary. He understood well the role of peasant and soldier. He very aptly coined the slogan- Jai Jawan Jai Kissan. We can be a very great nation if we just progress in africulture and agriculture based industry and become militarily strong.

So true...Shastriji was a true visionary who truly understood the importance of farmers. Today, we still call ourselves an agricultural country but farming is a profession which does not get the respect and notice it deserves. I am not sure about other states, but farmers in Maharashtra find it very difficult to get good educated brides! :blink: Many farmers today are first class graduates and post-grad doctorates in agriculture who are doing innovative experiments in their farms and yet they do not get respect due to them! Is it our fault or the government's for failing to impart dignity to the profession?

Respect depend on many factors. Our people are very greedy. They will give more respect to corrupt bureaucrat and will gladly accept him as groom for their daughter.

That is why I feel Indians are the biggest hypocrites in the world, we talk about honesty, sincerity, integrity etc. all the time and then we go and respect the only people who have got money, even if that money has come from looting us all. And the farmers and other similar people who earn their bread by toiling honestly are not even recognised for what they are worth. It is alright for people to say that respect must be earned, but haven't they already earned that by toiling in their fields from morning till night, by breaking their backs? :blink: i fail to understand the logic of what 'earning respect' means!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is why I feel Indians are the biggest hypocrites in the world, we talk about honesty, sincerity, integrity etc. all the time and then we go and respect the only people who have got money, even if that money has come from looting us all. And the farmers and other similar people who earn their bread by toiling honestly are not even recognised for what they are worth. It is alright for people to say that respect must be earned, but haven't they already earned that by toiling in their fields from morning till night, by breaking their backs? :blink: i fail to understand the logic of what 'earning respect' means!

True ! People these days are respected for their money,power and so called status even if the money they are flouting is dubiously earned. Poor agriculturist gets mentioned only during election time..we can see their plight, unable to pay a few thusand rupees of loan they commit suicide. Even this does not seem to make an impact on people - I see it as an act of self respect, the poor man prefers to die rather than lose his self respect by not paying the loan...and we have politicians here who would trample over them and their land to fill their pockets ! I doubt if we will ever have another great man like Lal Bahadur Shastri...The very party he belonged to has conveniently forgotten him and other leaders like Narasimha Rao who contributed much more to the nation ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

True ! People these days are respected for their money,power and so called status even if the money they are flouting is dubiously earned. Poor agriculturist gets mentioned only during election time..we can see their plight, unable to pay a few thusand rupees of loan they commit suicide. Even this does not seem to make an impact on people - I see it as an act of self respect, the poor man prefers to die rather than lose his self respect by not paying the loan...and we have politicians here who would trample over them and their land to fill their pockets ! I doubt if we will ever have another great man like Lal Bahadur Shastri...The very party he belonged to has conveniently forgotten him and other leaders like Narasimha Rao who contributed much more to the nation ..

Exactly...All the politicians ever will have to do with the farmers is when they have their eyes on these poor peoples' lands! When Subroto Roy built the Sahara stadium for IPL matches near Pune, many farmers had had to part with their lands for cheap prices and all this was done by leaning on them heavily. Similar is the story with Lavasa City by Ajit Pawar, again near Pune, Sahara City by Subroto Roy near Lonavala! Recently thousands of farmers lost heavily due to the damage inflicted by hailstorms in Maharashtra, Punjab, and several places. But do any of the political parties have any time to listen to their plights??/ :blink: :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Exactly...All the politicians ever will have to do with the farmers is when they have their eyes on these poor peoples' lands! When Subroto Roy built the Sahara stadium for IPL matches near Pune, many farmers had had to part with their lands for cheap prices and all this was done by leaning on them heavily. Similar is the story with Lavasa City by Ajit Pawar, again near Pune, Sahara City by Subroto Roy near Lonavala! Recently thousands of farmers lost heavily due to the damage inflicted by hailstorms in Maharashtra, Punjab, and several places. But do any of the political parties have any time to listen to their plights??/ :blink: :blink:

There is a practical issue with land. You need land for whatever project you undertake- housing, airport, road, railway lines, factories. Often, it is necessary to acquire land. What needs to be seen is that the farmers and poor should not be exploited by the powerful.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is a practical issue with land. You need land for whatever project you undertake- housing, airport, road, railway lines, factories. Often, it is necessary to acquire land. What needs to be seen is that the farmers and poor should not be exploited by the powerful.

What about compensation for the land which the farmers have foregone? This is also a practical issue which was never implemented Nor going to be implemented. Practical issues are supposed to be put in to practice. There are thousands of farmers whose lands were submerged due to projects awaiting till today for the compensation.

What about compensation for the land which the farmers have foregone? This is also a practical issue which was never implemented Nor going to be implemented. Practical issues are supposed to be put in to practice. There are thousands of farmers whose lands were submerged due to projects awaiting till today for the compensation.

Land has to be acquired for various purposes. But the farmers must get justice. apart from appriopriate rate for land, other considerations can be job opportunity in factories/ establishments to be built on the acquired land.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Land has to be acquired for various purposes. But the farmers must get justice. apart from appriopriate rate for land, other considerations can be job opportunity in factories/ establishments to be built on the acquired land.

None. A job or a compensation even after 10 years of waiting. It's the reason for increasing farmer suicides.
Very nice information about Shastri ji. He was a real gem. Its our misfortune that we live in a era where there is no Gandhi, no Shastri, there only exists politicians who very well knows how to exploit people.

Don't be disillusioned. We have Gandhis here even now. but of a different kind.

Please do mention the names, I am unable to find any.
Very nice information about Shastri ji. He was a real gem. Its our misfortune that we live in a era where there is no Gandhi, no Shastri, there only exists politicians who very well knows how to exploit people.

Don't be disillusioned. We have Gandhis here even now. but of a different kind.

Please do mention the names, I am unable to find any.

Sonia Gandhi will ignite your imagination to guess other Gandhis.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.