Acording to philosopher Epecureaus,

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not be able? Then he is not omnipresent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neiher able nor willing ? Then why call him God? " :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Please give yours own suggestions.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
God is a notion and so the believers in different religions have different views about his exact status. Personally, I do not believe in God- very existence of God. The natural phenemenon is same since time immemorial. If there were some conscious power called God, there should, have b een periodical changes in system of universe. But no change. Law of nature remains same.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel that Good and Bad go hand in hand . Unless there is Bad you will not appreciate goodness...Similarly in life everything is balanced and in different degrees, even good and bad cannot be measured.A person showing some good traits might have some undesirable traits too in him or her..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My definition of God is a man who does good to others and to the society. I see God in Mahtma Gandhi. I see god in a landscape that causes solace to the mind and soul.
My definition of God is a man who does good to others and to the society. I see God in Mahtma Gandhi. I see god in a landscape that causes solace to the mind and soul.

According to your definition, God is just any good human being. Thus you have no belief in the notion of some super power exercising control over the universe. I describe myself as an atheist. You also appear atheist but have covered this by changing the definition of God.

God is a notion and so the believers in different religions have different views about his exact status. Personally, I do not believe in God- very existence of God. The natural phenemenon is same since time immemorial. If there were some conscious power called God, there should, have b een periodical changes in system of universe. But no change. Law of nature remains same.
Million of years ago earth and nature are not the same as it is and there is no gurantee it will be the same. The gravitation force of earth and sun and then galazies are come form whcih source, I am asking mys elf as am theist I beelive there is Lord which is controllign all of these, but still am unable tom reach conclusinon, then why evil forces are more power ful;l in His presence and why he is not able to defeat thsoe forces all the time.

Million of years ago earth and nature are not the same as it is and there is no gurantee it will be the same. The gravitation force of earth and sun and then galazies are come form whcih source, I am asking mys elf as am theist I beelive there is Lord which is controllign all of these, but still am unable tom reach conclusinon, then why evil forces are more power ful;l in His presence and why he is not able to defeat thsoe forces all the time.

As a theist, you can only imagine things and this is a very unreliable exercise. As reagards good and evil, these are not well defined. all these are subjective and depend on individual perception. In nature, there is nothing good or bad. Earth quake, wind, breeze, Tsumani- these are all neither good nor bad. You say something good or bad based on benefit or loss. As regards social evil, meither nature nor 'God' hve anything to do. This is matter of human organization and rules framed by men. The institution of family, marriage, sex rules have been made by men only. So you need not invole 'God';. Adultery, rape etc are human issues and better do not drag 'God' to such 'evils'.

As a theist, you can only imagine things and this is a very unreliable exercise. As reagards good and evil, these are not well defined. all these are subjective and depend on individual perception. In nature, there is nothing good or bad. Earth quake, wind, breeze, Tsumani- these are all neither good nor bad. You say something good or bad based on benefit or loss. As regards social evil, meither nature nor 'God' hve anything to do. This is matter of human organization and rules framed by men. The institution of family, marriage, sex rules have been made by men only. So you need not invole 'God';. Adultery, rape etc are human issues and better do not drag 'God' to such 'evils'.
I am not imagining, the gravitational force is not imagination it is backed by science but it is energy but still to date the gravitation of galaxies are not determined, but these are there everyone to see otherwise we could not stand on earth but as theist I do believe there are things which seems evil to me and as per my perceive those should be deleted immediately by Lord but that is not happening.

I am not imagining, the gravitational force is not imagination it is backed by science but it is energy but still to date the gravitation of galaxies are not determined, but these are there everyone to see otherwise we could not stand on earth but as theist I do believe there are things which seems evil to me and as per my perceive those should be deleted immediately by Lord but that is not happening.

The gravitation force is there. Of course this is not imagination. In natural events and phenenemon, there is no answer as to 'why'. There is answer only to 'how'. I don't understand what is evil according to you. If you believe that 'Lord' or 'God' made this universe and he will do only good and no evil, this is again unrealistic. The animal world including human and plantation live only on cruelty and grow by sex. You and other animals can exist only by slaughtering others (including plants and trees) and eating them. Sex is natural and nothing evil. The rules on marriage, extramarital relations ec are not 'God made' and so do not blame him for 'such evils'. Also do not assume that everything in nature happens for good. Eartquake, Tsunami are not for 'good'. Also rain fall is not planned by God. If he so planned, there would be rain only where you need irrigation. Rainfall is there even in uninhabitated areas.
I suggest please make a list of 'evils' so that we may think of some remedial measures. If you have faith in 'God' you may send him a prayer to eradicate the 'evils'.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not be able? Then he is not omnipresent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neiher able nor willing ? Then why call him God? " :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

We are sent on the earth with a purpose. We do not give importance to the real purpose and are behind fulfilling other purposes which in real sense is not the purpose of our life. We are the one who are giving rise to the evil things. Since we are responsible for the generation, we solely should eradicate it and God is not responsible for eradicating them. God is both able as well as willing. If he wishes he can do it in fraction of second. He tests us. Life itself is a test.
For example, Lord Sri Krishna himself would have defeated Duryodhana but why did he take a back seat. The whole story was written and enacted accordingly. He through his teachings wanted to give a message to the mankind and rest is history.

We are sent on the earth with a purpose. We do not give importance to the real purpose and are behind fulfilling other purposes which in real sense is not the purpose of our life. We are the one who are giving rise to the evil things. Since we are responsible for the generation, we solely should eradicate it and God is not responsible for eradicating them. God is both able as well as willing. If he wishes he can do it in fraction of second. He tests us. Life itself is a test.
For example, Lord Sri Krishna himself would have defeated Duryodhana but why did he take a back seat. The whole story was written and enacted accordingly. He through his teachings wanted to give a message to the mankind and rest is history.

I don't think that we are sent with some purpose to this world. Our birth is just an event. Rest is part of social life. What is the real or unreal purpose- has not been communicated to any one. It is futile to look for any purpose of life. It is obvious that all like to be happy. so we can make a purpose for ourselves to give happiness to all to the extent possible.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.