Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The question whether God is willing to prevent evil but not able has not ben answered.

Although I don't believe in God, I may answer keeping in view the definition of God as agreed to the belivers. God is considered 'all good' and so he nust be willing to prevent evil. But what is evil in eyes of God is also a matter to be considered by the believers. Then if God is willing to prevent evil, is he not able to do so. As God is considered all powerfuil, He must also be able to prevent evil. If you believe that he is unable in any respect, you are not a believer and so an atheist.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The question whether God is willing to prevent evil but not able has not ben answered.

Although I don't believe in God, I may answer keeping in view the definition of God as agreed to the belivers. God is considered 'all good' and so he nust be willing to prevent evil. But what is evil in eyes of God is also a matter to be considered by the believers. Then if God is willing to prevent evil, is he not able to do so. As God is considered all powerfuil, He must also be able to prevent evil. If you believe that he is unable in any respect, you are not a believer and so an atheist.

As a Rationalist, i see in a different angle If God being omnipresent and omnipotent,is unable to punish the evil, I look towards one who can punish the evil. Then , he's my God.
In human society, humans are responsible for both order and disorder. In nature who is responsible for order and disorder? Science explains why things happen the way they do, but who is in the background? This mystery is God.

I would rather settle with 'Mystery" Not with God

Some call it god you call it mystery, two sides of the same coin.

As a Rationalist, i see in a different angle If God being omnipresent and omnipotent,is unable to punish the evil, I look towards one who can punish the evil. Then , he's my God.

So your god is flexible and may take any shape. May be any individual or group of individuals. I fear that such definition of God is not in any dictionary and nobody will understand either. If police can control the evil, better call them good cops and not gods. It is better to belive in God as commonly understood and as defined in dictionary or say that you are atheist or agnostic. Acting any other way is nothing but intellectual dishonesty.

So your god is flexible and may take any shape. May be any individual or group of individuals. I fear that such definition of God is not in any dictionary and nobody will understand either. If police can control the evil, better call them good cops and not gods. It is better to belive in God as commonly understood and as defined in dictionary or say that you are atheist or agnostic. Acting any other way is nothing but intellectual dishonesty.

Sorry. I'm well within my belief which I call it as rationalistic belief. Dictionary meanings change from to time because change is the only thing that changes.

Sorry. I'm well within my belief which I call it as rationalistic belief. Dictionary meanings change from to time because change is the only thing that changes.

Dictionary meaning may change and you may hold any view. But what is the current dictionar meaning of 'God' and how people generally understand this. If you just change meanings of your words or anyone does so, we shall not be able to communicate. We can talk only because we have a common vocabulary and meanings of words are known to all in the same sense.

Dictionary meaning may change and you may hold any view. But what is the current dictionar meaning of 'God' and how people generally understand this. If you just change meanings of your words or anyone does so, we shall not be able to communicate. We can talk only because we have a common vocabulary and meanings of words are known to all in the same sense.

Even in the most spoken language English worldwide, there are different meanings in Yankee English to queen's English. Not to forget the variations in different countries. The dictionary meaning of God according to 20th century dictionary is, "A superhuman being or spirit."

Even in the most spoken language English worldwide, there are different meanings in Yankee English to queen's English. Not to forget the variations in different countries. The dictionary meaning of God according to 20th century dictionary is, "A superhuman being or spirit."

Yes. Creator, supehuman being, almighty etc- these are the concept in which 'God' is understood. I don't believe in God in the current meaning commonly understood and so I am an atheist. The commonly understood meaning and that in this thread is also the 'creator who is supposed to be running the universe.

Yes. Creator, supehuman being, almighty etc- these are the concept in which 'God' is understood. I don't believe in God in the current meaning commonly understood and so I am an atheist. The commonly understood meaning and that in this thread is also the 'creator who is supposed to be running the universe.

The word creator itself has a wide range of meanings. For me a creator is an innovator, who with his innovations does good to the humanity. It may be any Tom ,Dick or Harry. He's my God.
Sorry to butt in between the interesting dialog between two esteemed members. According to dictionary, Atheists are those who do not believe in a deity and rationalists are those who rely on reason as the basis of fr establishment of religious or other truths. Both are saying that God does not exist. Till there is no answer to the question who created this world and what was the reason for doing so, till such a time non-atheists and non- rationalists will continue to believe in the existence of a super being popularly known as God. To each his belief.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.