Is reservation required in our country? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You are aware of the dismal conditions existing in the country in all walks of life. Be it in Administration, education or any sphere. This state of affairs is due to "Reservations" for the undeserved basing on some caste, group or sect.
I'm of the firm opinion that only 'Meritorious' should enjoy the fruits of Reservations. No one else.Incidentally i belong to one such reserved class. But did not avail the 'Reservations'
Ideally, there should be no reservation. The socially and economically backward should be given free or concessional training facility and financial assistance to help them acquire talent and compete.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ideally, there should be no reservation. The socially and economically backward should be given free or concessional training facility and financial assistance to help them acquire talent and compete.

The criteria should be 'economically backward' people should be helped financially. The facility should have the basis of Merit.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
One basic question! Would you visit a doctor who never competed on his talent, instead got a chance just because he was a reserved class? :ohmy:

Article Writing - Practiced By Many, Mastered By Few!

Earn While You Learn :)
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/22424-get-paid-by-writing-interesting-and-effective-articles.html
One basic question! Would you visit a doctor who never competed on his talent, instead got a chance just because he was a reserved class? :ohmy:

This was what I sounded in my earlier responses of this thread. Merit. Nothing but Merit matters to me in any profession.

This was what I sounded in my earlier responses of this thread. Merit. Nothing but Merit matters to me in any profession.

I agree that merit alone matters. Then there must be no compromise on this issue. Instead of reservation in govt. employment, there should be training facilities for the less fortunate, poor or backward.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that merit alone matters. Then there must be no compromise on this issue. Instead of reservation in govt. employment, there should be training facilities for the less fortunate, poor or backward.

In my view any person deserves a help or an aid only on the basis of economic backwardness. Not on the criteria of cast, creed or sect.
The only thing reservation has done is to pull the nation backwards because we compromise on quality. Ideally a person who is brilliant but needs assistance shd be given help and in case the obcs need to be encouraged to syudy, this can be done to the basic levels of education. But later on it shd be merit based only, so also in jobs...Once you start respecting ability and capability, you really dont care about the persons religion, gender or caste..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Rakhi Yadav, Kalyani Nandurkar
A help should be strictly Need based and Time based. Not a lifetime help. And it should not deprive the other deserving people.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The only thing reservation has done is to pull the nation backwards because we compromise on quality. Ideally a person who is brilliant but needs assistance shd be given help and in case the obcs need to be encouraged to syudy, this can be done to the basic levels of education. But later on it shd be merit based only, so also in jobs...Once you start respecting ability and capability, you really dont care about the persons religion, gender or caste..

True.....what we have seen happen in India is that slowly and steadily all the key jobs in various public sectors such as education, health etc. have gone to people from reservation quota, admittedly these people do hold degrees in those respective fields but they totally lack merit and do not possess expertise. Consequently, there has been a marked decline in quality and we know what goes on everywhere! :blink: :blink: This also has led to talented and intelligent people to seek jobs outside India because it is in abroad where merit is recognised for its worth!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.