Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The only thing reservation has done is to pull the nation backwards because we compromise on quality. Ideally a person who is brilliant but needs assistance shd be given help and in case the obcs need to be encouraged to syudy, this can be done to the basic levels of education. But later on it shd be merit based only, so also in jobs...Once you start respecting ability and capability, you really dont care about the persons religion, gender or caste..

True.....what we have seen happen in India is that slowly and steadily all the key jobs in various public sectors such as education, health etc. have gone to people from reservation quota, admittedly these people do hold degrees in those respective fields but they totally lack merit and do not possess expertise. Consequently, there has been a marked decline in quality and we know what goes on everywhere! :blink: :blink: This also has led to talented and intelligent people to seek jobs outside India because it is in abroad where merit is recognised for its worth!

These reservations made the real meritorious to seek a proper place where their merit is recognized and rewarded. And owing to the same reason a mass exodus to greener pastures is taking place like never before.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Initially when the reservations were put in place, it was probably with the idea of bringing up the lower castes at par with the higher castes . But later politicians esp the Congress party made it a weapon for their vote gains and made a complete mess of it. One can still help out the lower caste people who need help without it harming the development and thwarting those who are deserving, which is exactly what it is doing now..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Initially when the reservations were put in place, it was probably with the idea of bringing up the lower castes at par with the higher castes . But later politicians esp the Congress party made it a weapon for their vote gains and made a complete mess of it. One can still help out the lower caste people who need help without it harming the development and thwarting those who are deserving, which is exactly what it is doing now..

That too and the reservation system also gave rise to another major evil, that is, corruption. The bureaucrats and politicians who now hold key places everywhere started demanding enormous amounts of money for the various jobs! A person from scheduled castes and tribes also now has to pay lakhs of rupees for even the lowliest of the jobs such as a peon or a fourth class worker in various government offices. So it really makes one wonder about the futility of having any reservations at all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You may be remembering in the initial stages of introduction of Reservations, no doubt it was made with a good intention. But it was supposed to be for a limited period. As you said the Political parties used this Reservation Mantra to turn this scheme in to a Vote plundering Ploy.
@ Kalyani - I too feel that it is reservation that has given rise to indiscipline and corruption in thge system besides making the entire bureaucracy and our political system a sham that functions with no direction except the people in power making hay while the sun shines...I doubt if you can do anything about it now since there will be civil war if steps are taken to banish it.
@ Rambabu -It was for a limited period only but politicians learnt how powerful a weapon it is for their selfish use..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@ Kalyani - I too feel that it is reservation that has given rise to indiscipline and corruption in thge system besides making the entire bureaucracy and our political system a sham that functions with no direction except the people in power making hay while the sun shines...I doubt if you can do anything about it now since there will be civil war if steps are taken to banish it.
@ Rambabu -It was for a limited period only but politicians learnt how powerful a weapon it is for their selfish use..

Now a time has come, the entire band of politicos' preelection campaigns are nothing but Reservations. I think sooner than later people will be promised to declare the entire nation as BCs
It is very difficult to say, I belong to general, but I have seen few reserved students who are extremely poorer have been able to rise and some of them have now doctors and professionals. What I dislike about reservation in promotion and advancement within organisation.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Economically backward should be helped in a suitable way. Helping is necessary. but not a permanent feature that lasts for generations.
In the preliminary stage of Constitution the makers Ambedkar and Aiyangar have opined for ten years of reservation and then review and then give it according to economical backwardnesses, but sadly due to pretty party politics it has been extended and now more and more castes are included. It should be according to ecnomically backwardness as in general also there are many persons who are living in abject poverty.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In the preliminary stage of Constitution the makers Ambedkar and Aiyangar have opined for ten years of reservation and then review and then give it according to economical backwardnesses, but sadly due to pretty party politics it has been extended and now more and more castes are included. It should be according to ecnomically backwardness as in general also there are many persons who are living in abject poverty.

Now vote banks have been created. The government decisions are not based on logic, justice or equity. Vote bank is the only basis.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.