Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is very difficult to say, I belong to general, but I have seen few reserved students who are extremely poorer have been able to rise and some of them have now doctors and professionals. What I dislike about reservation in promotion and advancement within organisation.

So, why not give financial help to the deserving students regardless of caste and religion, that semms a more sensible and fair thing to do rather on the way it is being done now.They are taking it t ridiculous heights now, asking for reservations even in private sectors..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar
It is very difficult to say, I belong to general, but I have seen few reserved students who are extremely poorer have been able to rise and some of them have now doctors and professionals. What I dislike about reservation in promotion and advancement within organisation.

So, why not give financial help to the deserving students regardless of caste and religion, that semms a more sensible and fair thing to do rather on the way it is being done now.They are taking it t ridiculous heights now, asking for reservations even in private sectors..

The evils of Reservations are growing by day. I opine Financial support to an economically backward is the ideal way . Even this aid should be stopped once the candidate becomes self sufficient. It should not be extended to generations.

It is very constructive idea, but financial help should be done directly through institutions not through individuals, suppose one student was to be admitted to good college but cannot pay money then government can help them but not giving money to students but giving financial help to institutions for the student.

http://mohanmekap.com/

The Indian so called educated class has still not gained maturity where they will not hesitate to favour their own caste at the cost of the "lower" and weak castes. Who can certify this maturity? When literacy levels will cross 98% and the survival of enterprises will be on efficiency in a competitive environment , then reservations will automatically cease to matter. It is a matter of a few more decades perhaps.
The Indian so called educated class has still not gained maturity where they will not hesitate to favour their own caste at the cost of the "lower" and weak castes. Who can certify this maturity? When literacy levels will cross 98% and the survival of enterprises will be on efficiency in a competitive environment , then reservations will automatically cease to matter. It is a matter of a few more decades perhaps.

This is an inherent problem with us Indians, even among the most educated and supposedly sophisticated classes who support and help only those who belong to their own caste. I have seen this to be true in government sector, private sector, everywhere. This 'maturity' is severely lacking in India, probably the reason why we lag so far behind others in spite of having talent and intelligent resources!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

This is an inherent problem with us Indians, even among the most educated and supposedly sophisticated classes who support and help only those who belong to their own caste. I have seen this to be true in government sector, private sector, everywhere. This 'maturity' is severely lacking in India, probably the reason why we lag so far behind others in spite of having talent and intelligent resources!

If reservations continue there never can be any better days to come, thats for sure, we keep diluting the quality of our owrk force and that's it !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If reservations continue there never can be any better days to come, thats for sure, we keep diluting the quality of our owrk force and that's it !

Brain drain goes unabated. The fact that 30 % of NASA employees are Indians. The CEOs of MICROSOFT and NOKIA and a host of other world renowned organizations are Indians speak volumes about the evil effects f of Reservations..
Every year reservations should be decreased by a certain agreed to percent and there should be no reservations in promotions and to children of reservation beneficiaries. The more government goes out of running business, reservations will lose importance but there have been moves to have reservations in private sector.
Reservations are supposed to be temporary for a limited period. But the politicos used it as a tool for gathering votes.

What is more appalling is that any work which involves creation of something new with their own hands, eg, creating wooden stuff with own hands and other similar professions are looked down upon as inferior. This has led to children of traditional carpenters, potters etc. to move away from these professions and seek lesser-paying jobs in companies, even being peons is good enough for them. I feel this has led to killing the creativity and retarded economical growth.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.