Life is a bit difficult for working mothers. They have to juggle their work and their family life, and it becomes all the more difficult especially if you have kids. Sometimes in the process of doing so either their family life or their kids gets ignored. On the other hand a full-time mother can give as much attention as she can to her kids. What is your view on this?

I love writing and sharing ideas

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Taniya, this is a very sensitive and important issue, being a mother of a 5-year-old, I too had a great career but chose to gave it up and stay home to look after my son. I feel that there are sacrifices involved, but not just on the part of working mothers, but also for mothers who stay home. In both scenarios, you win some, you lose some. If I had chosen to keep working, I would have reaped greater financial benefits, which, let us face it, are very very important. In the bargain, I would have lost out on time spent with my child and family. But for a stay-at-home mother, she has her both hands full with household chores, errands to banks, shops, paying bills etc. along with responsibility of cooking, getting children to study, and in many cases shuffling them from one class to another. At the same time, she has no financial independence and has to make do with what she gets form her husband to run the house. And there is NO social life! So sacrifices are involved both ways! It is upto us how we look at the situation!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
An understanding hubby and a solid plan of dividing the responsibilities will ease the pressure overall. It's heartening to see a new trend among the working parents of sharing the responsibilities among themselves is gaining ground . After all the common objective of parents is to bring up child without any compromise.
Taniya, this is a very sensitive and important issue, being a mother of a 5-year-old, I too had a great career but chose to gave it up and stay home to look after my son. I feel that there are sacrifices involved, but not just on the part of working mothers, but also for mothers who stay home. In both scenarios, you win some, you lose some. If I had chosen to keep working, I would have reaped greater financial benefits, which, let us face it, are very very important. In the bargain, I would have lost out on time spent with my child and family. But for a stay-at-home mother, she has her both hands full with household chores, errands to banks, shops, paying bills etc. along with responsibility of cooking, getting children to study, and in many cases shuffling them from one class to another. At the same time, she has no financial independence and has to make do with what she gets form her husband to run the house. And there is NO social life! So sacrifices are involved both ways! It is upto us how we look at the situation!

Working mothers are earning and also bringing up their children. They feel guilty that they are not spending time with their especially small children. In today's times there are many well educated mothers who have given up their jobs to look after their children. I think they are sacrificing more than working mothers.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Working mothers are earning and also bringing up their children. They feel guilty that they are not spending time with their especially small children. In today's times there are many well educated mothers who have given up their jobs to look after their children. I think they are sacrificing more than working mothers.

Giving up a good career is not at all easy, especially when you have slogged for years and you have only now started reaping the fruits of your hard work, along comes the baby and you say bye-bye to the job! That is indeed very hard!

Well you see I too used to work and gave up my job before my son was born. So that was the decision I chose to make because I thought I could not balance both my job and my son equally . I also feel that sometimes life becomes mundane doing the same chores day after day. Well having a job and getting paid at the end of the month is always very inspiring. But frankly speaking, now I don't miss my job at all. I am so busy at home with my 4-year-old kid, his school and all other stuff that it keeps me on my toes all the time.,

I love writing and sharing ideas

Finally. it all culminates to one single conclusion , "Individual's priorities and preferences." The individual's contentment ultimately counts.
Finally. it all culminates to one single conclusion , "Individual's priorities and preferences." The individual's contentment ultimately counts.

True...it is after all a matter of personal choices! Some people put the wellbeing of their child first, some put personal careers ahead of all else!

True...it is after all a matter of personal choices! Some people put the wellbeing of their child first, some put personal careers ahead of all else!

By very definition, sacrifice involes 'losing something' for the benefit of 'someone'. The working mom sacrifices her career for the enefit of her child. So this is her sacrifice.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

By very definition, sacrifice involes 'losing something' for the benefit of 'someone'. The working mom sacrifices her career for the enefit of her child. So this is her sacrifice.[/quote

Sacrifices or whatever you call. They are necessary for having a blissful married life.

By very definition, sacrifice involes 'losing something' for the benefit of 'someone'. The working mom sacrifices her career for the enefit of her child. So this is her sacrifice.[/quote

Sacrifices or whatever you call. They are necessary for having a blissful married life.

But why should it be the woman only who has to sacrifice?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.