Today (8th June) is World Oceans day. It has been celebrated unofficially on the same day every year until it was proposed by canada in 1992. In 2008, it was officially recognised by the United Nations.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Today (8th June) is World Oceans day. It has been celebrated unofficially on the sa,me day every year until it was proposed by canada in 1992. In 2008, it was officially recognised by the United Nations.

Chinese are trying to dominate the Oceans especially on both sides of India and our Navy is suffering from one mishap after another. Ocean's security is very important . Pakis came to attack Mumbai from the ocean.
Today (8th June) is World Oceans day. It has been celebrated unofficially on the sa,me day every year until it was proposed by canada in 1992. In 2008, it was officially recognised by the United Nations.

What's the purpose of Oceans Day? How it's celebrated?

What's the purpose of Oceans Day? How it's celebrated?

it is an annual observation to honour all the oceans in the world, celebrate products that we receive from the oceans such as sea foods and marine life for aquarium. It's main intention is to protect the oceans.

Popua new guneau smallest developed island. 30 percentage of its land is now under water. Ocean is constantly erosing sands.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: RobertP
Popua new guneau smallest developed island. 30 percentage of its land is now under water. Ocean is constantly erosing sands.

You mean Papua New Guinea! And not just that one, but slowly and steadily even Maldives is sinking into the ocean and is slated to completely submerge in water in the next 40-50 years! This is an incident which is speeded up more by depleting mangrove forestations and other natural vegetation that are found in coastal areas!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You mean Papua New Guinea! And not just that one, but slowly and steadily even Maldives is sinking into the ocean and is slated to completely submerge in water in the next 40-50 years! This is an incident which is speeded up more by depleting mangrove forestations and other natural vegetation that are found in coastal areas!

In fact I remember reading some time ago, that they are searching to buy land in some continent where they can shift, before it is submerged. A whole country moving out!!!
Thank you said by: RobertP

In fact I remember reading some time ago, that they are searching to buy land in some continent where they can shift, before it is submerged. A whole country moving out!!!

It is actually such a very ghastly thing to happen, imagine about 4 lac residents of a country losing their homes to the ocean. I read that eventually all these residents would be relocated into India, Sri Lanka and Australia!

It is actually such a very ghastly thing to happen, imagine about 4 lac residents of a country losing their homes to the ocean. I read that eventually all these residents would be relocated into India, Sri Lanka and Australia!

If you see the map of Australia you'll observe that only the bottom coast line is having human settlements. Upwards for thousands of kms on all sides it is a vast empty land. Sooner or later it has to share it with the growing population of the world willingly or by force.
Today (8th June) is World Oceans day. It has been celebrated unofficially on the same day every year until it was proposed by canada in 1992. In 2008, it was officially recognised by the United Nations.

Whenever I remember the words, 'Ocean' or 'Sea' The following things come to my mind.

Ever dynamic waves
Beach (Marina beach, Chennai, Tamilnadu - world's second largest beach).
Ship
Boat
Fish
Fishermen (Tamil fisherman severely being affected by Sri Lanka)
and Tsunami has also been added to the list.

If you see the map of Australia you'll observe that only the bottom coast line is having human settlements. Upwards for thousands of kms on all sides it is a vast empty land. Sooner or later it has to share it with the growing population of the world willingly or by force.

Yes that is true, Australia is a vast continent with lots and lots of space, enough to accommodate at least 10 small countries such as Maldives in its great outback. Sooner or later, when many countries especially island countries submerge, Australia and other countries will have to share their space with others. For they along with other developed countries are the major responsible culprits for carbon emmissions.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.