Hi,
While writing an article on general topic such as cannes film festival, can we include the pictures from sites like IndiaToday, TimesOfIndia etc. and give picture credits to these sites? I am asking this because, pictures related to such topics are available on many sites across internet so including them in our articles on boddunan should also not be a problem. Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,
Anshu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi,
While writing an article on general topic such as cannes film festival, can we include the pictures from sites like IndiaToday, TimesOfIndia etc. and give picture credits to these sites? I am asking this because, pictures related to such topics are available on many sites across internet so including them in our articles on boddunan should also not be a problem. Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks,
Anshu

There is only one condition to be fulfilled for the images to be used in the articles written for Boddunan. the images should be free from Copyright regulations. The writer has to be sure about this fact, even though they are the images from the sites you mantioned.
How can we know that images are copyrighted or not?

There is a way..You have to contact the publisher and obtain permission for using the images in your article. For example, you have seen a picture in India today and thought of using it for your article. In this case, you have to contact the publisher of India today and obtain permission in writing.
The best way and safest way is to use the images from Wiki Commons. where you will know whether the image is copyrighted or not.
This is an area where one has to be careful. Wiki commons is a safe because it is clearly possible to know if free use permission is there or not, by clicking on the desired images. Some publications permit reproduction of there printed matter provided the source is acknowledged. In general most of the sites will not permit photos if they are under copyrtights. Wiki commons has a huge collection of photos to suit your needs.
This is an area where one has to be careful. Wiki commons is a safe because it is clearly possible to know if free use permission is there or not, by clicking on the desired images. Some publications permit reproduction of there printed matter provided the source is acknowledged. In general most of the sites will not permit photos if they are under copyrtights. Wiki commons has a huge collection of photos to suit your needs.

Besides Wiki commons, there are other websites which offer free copyright free images. You can get them through Google search.

That's answer of your question too. Do not use any pictures unless you're 100% sure. As suggested by others Wikipedia is your best bet provided they have mentioned it "free to use" (They generally are) Other free to use sites have fine print, they write free to use but only after you pay monthly/annual subscription or pay for every photo.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Copyright violations call for severe penalties .its not only the writer but the publisher also will be penalized. So, it's implied that one should exercise utmost care in ensuring the matter or the image used is free from copyright issues.
I am not using any pictures in article for now, it is difficult to get 100 percentages copyright image for me and for this I am not integrating any images with articles.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Not using images, though safe in one way, in order to add give a visual impact to the article, images without copyright obligations can be added. The images avalable in Wiki commons are hassle free. Under each image it is clearly mentioned if they are copyrighted or not. I have been using them without any problem.
I am not using any pictures in article for now, it is difficult to get 100 percentages copyright image for me and for this I am not integrating any images with articles.

You can use images from Wikipedia as a vast collection of their photographs are available for free reproduction because their contributors have waived off their copyrights. It is safe as you will be able to know this by clicking on the desired pictures whether they are permitted or not. But do give credit to them if you use Wiki photos.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.