Why should we shy away from recognizing our own greatness?
We the Indians , never see or recognize our own greatness and our contribution to the world,until a celebrity endorses our worth. Indian Brethern, cultivate the habit of looking in to yourself and identify your virtues.

We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
~~~ Albert Einstein (German Physicist)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No doubt that India had a glorious past but what about now ? Have we kept up the tradition ? As things stand today we can only look back and sigh ! Sigh some more when we look around us at the mess our cities are in and the way the intelligent and brilliant brains of our country are finding better opportunities elsewhere in the world...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No doubt that India had a glorious past but what about now ? Have we kept up the tradition ? As things stand today we can only look back and sigh ! Sigh some more when we look around us at the mess our cities are in and the way the intelligent and brilliant brains of our country are finding better opportunities elsewhere in the world...

This is about the past. An undeniable truth. Even for acknowledging the past truth, people are not ready. Agreed conditions deteriorated.

This is about the past. An undeniable truth. Even for acknowledging the past truth, people are not ready. Agreed conditions deteriorated.

They have deteriorated almost beyond repair now and peoples attitudes too, when we visit other developed countries we realise how very backward we are in everything...It somehow makes you feel disillusioned that a country with such a glorious past and no dearth of either brian power , man power or natural resources is in such a pathetic state in every sphere - be it infra structure, efficiency or whatever !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

They have deteriorated almost beyond repair now and peoples attitudes too, when we visit other developed countries we realise how very backward we are in everything...It somehow makes you feel disillusioned that a country with such a glorious past and no dearth of either brian power , man power or natural resources is in such a pathetic state in every sphere - be it infra structure, efficiency or whatever !

Exactly.i know how affectionately Chinese preserve their heritage and culture even though they are well developed presently. They never forget that their present development is built on their past glory.we have forgotten our Ayurveda. Where as Chinese still practice their traditional medical systems like acupuncture holding them in high esteem.

Exactly.i know how affectionately Chinese preserve their heritage and culture even though they are well developed presently. They never forget that their present development is built on their past glory.we have forgotten our Ayurveda. Where as Chinese still practice their traditional medical systems like acupuncture holding them in high esteem.[/quot

Since around 1000 AD Indian subcontinent has been ravaged by foreigners. The main reason they could so was because there were far too many kingdoms and they were not strong to protect their territories. Religion united us but politically we were fragmented. It is a tribute to Indians that in spite of hostile rulers Hindus could keep their culture alive for these thousand years. So today we have to be politically united and we have to ensure that our defences are very strong to keep the enemies out of our borders. We are rising economically. Thousand years of neglect needs much more than 67 years to set right. I have found Indians in India to be pessimistic but Indians abroad are far more Indian in spirit and manners and proud of their country. When we achieve a particular threshold we will automatically be proud of everything Indian including Ayurveda. It is a matter of time.
I found The Indians settled in foreign countries are doing a good job of patronizing and promoting the Indian culture and heritage. In America itself there are several Indian cultural centres where they meet periodically and celebrate the festivals related to ancient Indian culture. The most heartening factor is that the younger generation are getting a good exposure of their culture and heritage even though they were born in those respective countries. Much has to be done in India in this regard.
I found The Indians settled in foreign countries are doing a good job of patronizing and promoting the Indian culture and heritage. In America itself there are several Indian cultural centres where they meet periodically and celebrate the festivals related to ancient Indian culture. The most heartening factor is that the younger generation are getting a good exposure of their culture and heritage even though they were born in those respective countries. Much has to be done in India in this regard.

During a visit to USA I had an opportunity to attend a few Diwali get togethers where the cultural programs where very well presented and I have not seen such programs in India. However there also each region of India is separately represented which I think is not good.

During a visit to USA I had an opportunity to attend a few Diwali get togethers where the cultural programs where very well presented and I have not seen such programs in India. However there also each region of India is separately represented which I think is not good.

Yes not good. But at least thankfully there are no conflicts among them.

Sorry, I am aware of many conflicts among them but they unite in times of crisis. Unity in diversity is present in Hinduism itself. That is the greatness of our culture.

Sorry, I am aware of many conflicts among them but they unite in times of crisis. Unity in diversity is present in Hinduism itself. That is the greatness of our culture.

TANA, Telugu Association of North America it the biggest Telugu Association which holds World Telugu conferences every year is not only a cultural association, but also a philanthropic association which helps the needy irrespective of the region and state during criseses like floods and other natural disasters. It guides any new student from India who enters USA for studies. Fortunately till now there are no conflicts with other bodies in America.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.