Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes even I agree, internet usage should be timed and monitored.

As far as FB and other similar sites are concerned, here I guess the site owners should make it a point to ask for a valid Driving License No and Voter ID card no to ascertain the age of the users. This will go a long way in not only limiting FB usage by kids but will help in minimizing crime rate too.

I agree. Such restrictive measures will help. Besides this parents also should know the trends of the net, though not fully, to some extent,. With these two factors taken care, Internet viewing by children can be minimized .

The children will then watch internet at other places w/o parental knowledge. At home they will not at all watch and parents will feel mighty happy. Why all the time parents want to control.

Yes parental control will not work all times. They should give a chance to the children and see, if they can take care of themselves .

As far as FB and other similar sites are concerned, here I guess the site owners should make it a point to ask for a valid Driving License No and Voter ID card no to ascertain the age of the users. This will go a long way in not only limiting FB usage by kids but will help in minimizing crime rate too.

I agree. Such restrictive measures will help. Besides this parents also should know the trends of the net, though not fully, to some extent,. With these two factors taken care, Internet viewing by children can be minimized .

The children will then watch internet at other places w/o parental knowledge. At home they will not at all watch and parents will feel mighty happy. Why all the time parents want to control.

Yes parental control will not work all times. They should give a chance to the children and see, if they can take care of themselves .
]

More than 90% children will positively respond. Internet is nothing but a concentrated source of knowledge available at finger touch which earlier was available in multiple sources and searching was difficult. But what a child wanted even then he would get it. Parents wanted to control then also and want to do the same today also.

]

More than 90% children will positively respond. Internet is nothing but a concentrated source of knowledge available at finger touch which earlier was available in multiple sources and searching was difficult. But what a child wanted even then he would get it. Parents wanted to control then also and want to do the same today also.

The fact that 90 percent of the children will positively respond should be known to the parents. Then this discussion wouldn't be there.

]

The fact that 90 percent of the children will positively respond should be known to the parents. Then this discussion wouldn't be there.

It is the fear of the unknown- a genuine fear in young parents which creates a need for control. But parenthood also has to undergo change with times Children should be made responsible resources and not controllable zombies.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

]

It is the fear of the unknown- a genuine fear in young parents which creates a need for control. But parenthood also has to undergo change with times Children should be made responsible resources and not controllable zombies.

The fear is prevailing in all parents in general. Not just restricted to young parents.
Personally I have always felt that suggestion and communication with some monitoring is what works best. The moment you lay down rules and start controlling kids you do more harm than good. We need to understand that we are living in a changed atmosphere and cannot expect our children to function like we did in our younger days...So, it is best to be natural and be there to assist as and when they need your help. and, the moment they know that they are free to discuss all matters with you, they come to you when they have doubts and it is best to leave it at that without imposing any strict measures which can only backfire !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Parents should act as a guide to the children and create such a free atmosphere that the children shed away fear. One of my friends used to gather the children for a Story session, where in children are allowed to express their views on a given story. My friend used to act as a moderator offering advises and suggestions wherever necessary. My friend is well known as "Chandamama Uncle" for the children.

This session is the most sought after session . Children are benefitted by these sessions. They developed communication skills. My friend's story sessions made them forget about Internet .
it is not FB which is destroying, it is self which goes towards any thing, therefore it is important for youths to be careful while online.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Blaming the technology sounds unreasonable. Users should be knowledgeable to accept the good and discard the bad. To handle this effectively, parents have a pivotal role to play.
Blaming the technology sounds unreasonable. Users should be knowledgeable to accept the good and discard the bad. To handle this effectively, parents have a pivotal role to play.

In fact, the problems have always been same. Internet has merely replaced paper media. I remember that boys in olden days would buy vulgar and indecent literature from street vendors and read these secretly. The sexually explicit material and photographs were well circulated unlawfully.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.