This article by Barkha Dutt actually speaks my mind. Go check... Why women' can't have it all

Why do women have to quit work or work from home to manage household chores and look after babies. Why do women have to struggle..I can relate to what is there in this article..why do women have to juggle with so many roles and keep too many balls in the air?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This article by Barkha Dutt actually speaks my mind. Go check... Why women' can't have it all

Why do women have to quit work or work from home to manage household chores and look after babies. Why do women have to struggle..I can relate to what is there in this article..why do women have to juggle with so many roles and keep too many balls in the air?

The women in advanced countries have reached a stage where they can have it all. Indian society is evolving and women today are having a lot more than earlier and it is a matter of few more years when increasing numbers will have it all. The biological difference between a man and women makes a woman's life more difficult to juggle with many roles -- but it is changing.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
I agree the but the seed of change has just been sown..a long way to go for Indian women to have it all.

I agree the but the seed of change has just been sown..a long way to go for Indian women to have it all.

Subsequent Incremental changes occur at much faster rates and it is only a matter of say five + years and not a very long way.Have faith.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Often a change is looked with suspicion. A change is frowned at. And in most cases, a change is opposed. But if you see history, every change has become a part of our lives subsequently.No one can stall it. May be a matter of time before the change is accepted. Over a period, women can have it all for sure.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
I feel that no one can have it all neuther men nor women...Biologically we are different and once we realise this and live life accordingly things are bound to feel different. Child bearing a rearing is something that comes naturally to women . The only problem is the men's attitude in our society for which we can blame the society esp the women who differentiate between sexes and boys have it easy and always given preferrential treatment which carries through life ! They hesitate to help out their wives because they consider it beneath their dignity or ego or whatever.It is only a few men who help out and give a hand in running the house and looking after children...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For me these were the highlights of this article are very true whether we choose to differ on this is a different thing altogether:

//While an increasing number of fair-minded and enlightened men have made home-keeping a partnership, for the most part managing the home — whether they work or not — is still treated as a female domain.

//We should be pushing for paternity-leave benefits at the workplace and flexi-hours for men and not just women.

//Instead of demanding daycare and crèches for the children of female employees, we should ask for it as a benefit for all employees. - Because even here the responsibility is forced on women to take care of their children even when they are at work.

I understand, ability to nurture comes naturally to women but certain things have to be inculcated in men too.

What Barkha has highlighted in the link "Despite the growing number of instances of men taking the responsibility of running the home, is still treated as a female domain" signifies a Change has taken place and started working. Obviously Barkha Dutt is hurrying. Things will not change overnight. It takes its own time, especially in a society where there are large number of women who still refuse to take the intervention of a man who comes forward to to lend his helping hand in the household chores saying, "Leave washing those plates. It's my job."
It's this woman's way of thinking that needs a drastic change. As long as this attitude of woman who refuses to change for good, things will be like this.
Additionally, nobody will force anything on anybody, unless one wants it.
Women have naturally tendency to perform multi tasking, as they have two brains on two sides of mind wrking, but why they are leaving careers is entirely family decisions.

http://mohanmekap.com/

// "Leave washing those plates. It's my job."..well this kind of statement comes from my mom often :).but it is restricted to women of my mother's age group... not us..woman from the present age would look forward to such help .

Multitasking is not a natural thing for women, it is a trick played by men over women to take up more roles than they can manage. From an early age even girls are expected to play with dolls and taught that family should be their first priority.
But times have changed....at least now girls are expected to take up a job before they get married.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.