How many of you think that self-defense (karate etc) should become a mandatory part of education, right from elementary schools , because I think this is the only way to somewhat deal with rising no.of crime cases against women. Agreed that kids of smaller age cannot fight back but they should be taught techniques to deal with such heinous crimes? When police or anybody else cannot safe guard us or provide protection, we should take it up by ourselves. What say?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How many of you think that self-defense (karate etc) should become a mandatory part of education, right from elementary schools , because I think this is the only way to somewhat deal with rising no.of crime cases against women. Agreed that kids of smaller age cannot fight back but they should be taught techniques to deal with such heinous crimes? When police or anybody else cannot safe guard us or provide protection, we should take it up by ourselves. What say?

"Save yourself" is the only survival sutra. How is up to the individual concerned. For example Pepper spray.
By practicing martial arts and other self-defense techniques kids will develop full confidence to face any adverse situation. It should be a part of physical education and should be implemented from the elementary stage of education. Age is not a limiting factor.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Yes pepper spray should now be given to even kids and they should be told when to use since they are kids and can use it casually.

By practicing martial arts and other self-defense techniques kids will develop full confidence to face any adverse situation. It should be a part of physical education and should be implemented from the elementary stage of education. Age is not a limiting factor.

+1.. I agree age no bar as far as personal safefy and learning martial arts is concerned.

Yes pepper spray should now be given to even kids and they should be told when to use since they are kids and can use it casually.

There are other ways. I have seen some women carrying chilli powder.

There are other ways too, to deal with such nuisance..whatever works to keep ourselves safe should be used.

There are other ways too, to deal with such nuisance..whatever works to keep ourselves safe should be used.

With a bit of presence of mind, a woman can use chilli powder or pepper spray more effectively than karate or Judo.
Giving respect to women is the only solution to this problem. I also agree that martial arts will help women getting abused but at the same time you must also know one thing that if every women is trying to learn martial arts those persons who are abusing women will also learn the tricks in martial arts. The society should give respect to all persons irrespective of whether they are rich or not . The person who get respect from the society will never ever do these kind of activities.
Giving respect to women is the only solution to this problem. I also agree that martial arts will help women getting abused but at the same time you must also know one thing that if every women is trying to learn martial arts those persons who are abusing women will also learn the tricks in martial arts. The society should give respect to all persons irrespective of whether they are rich or not . The person who get respect from the society will never ever do these kind of activities.

The thought that that woman should be respected is a thought of bygone era.see the ever rising cases of rapes in the country. That's the current scenario and reality.

Giving respect to women is an innate quality that few men are born with..you cannot force anybody to respect women.

Secondly, at times some people appear to be nice and pay respect to women as a show off when all lewd thoughts come to their mind and when they get a chance they commit crimes like molesting girls of all age groups and then rape..we really can't control what is going on in anybody's mind. Instead of controlling anybody's mind we can do what is within our reach and control. So learning martial arts will come handy.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.