The maximum of high-end smartphones capacity to store data is 18 to 50 GB. For this, people are spending Rs.25000 to 30000. On this price range we can buy a high-end laptop and do all the things and more over the capacity of hard disk is minimum 500 GB. Laptop have lot of advantageous comparing with android phones. Smartphones are handy but their memory and processor speed is less comparing with the price we are spending towards them.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think due to small size of smart and android phones in comparison with laptops, it is easy for a business person that he can do a video calling from a distant place, or send important images easily from congested places. It is also easy to carry smart phones as compared to laptops. The features of laptop and smart phones cannot be compared. Technology is now trying to reduce the gap between smart phones and laptops.

http://www.comparenshop.in

It's a question of priorities and preferences. Purely personal choice. No device or gadget is perfect that caters to 100% needs of the user.
Because a smart phone is compact and can be carried anywhere, a lot of things can be done using a smart phone. Also, we need not spend 25k for a smart phone,,we can get a smart phone at around 8-9k which offers almost everything a smart phone should offer. Of course a smart phone can never replace a laptop, smart phone allows one to do more than just surfing on the go.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

It depends on the user's preferences. I regularly use photoshop for digital paintings for my clients. Can these smart phones or laptops cater to my needs?. For me there is nothing like a sturdy desktop. I use I pad for articles while watching my TV and during a journey .
Smartphone is very useful for business travellers. There are many shoe manufacturers at Agra. One manufacturer yesterday told me that the smart phone is handy enough and facilitates sending and receiving shoe designs and other materials. Just two days back, He was in my office. I needed to see some correspondence that his factory had received from Central excise department. He got this quickly on his smartphone.
But the college students and many others buy this for mere demonstrative effect.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Ultimately it all comes down to necessities of the user. Different professions different needs warrant for different types of gadgets. No single gadget can cater to the needs of all.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Well a tablet is the something that can somewhat replace a laptop and is bigger than a smart phone. I have used all these smart gadgets, but when it comes down to doing serious work..nothing can replace a laptop.

More than anything else a smart phone has now become a status symbol, just like owning and wearing a diamond pendant or a ring. The costlier the better, same goes for a costly smart phone.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

The maximum of high-end smartphones capacity to store data is 18 to 50 GB. For this, people are spending Rs.25000 to 30000. On this price range we can buy a high-end laptop and do all the things and more over the capacity of hard disk is minimum 500 GB. Laptop have lot of advantageous comparing with android phones. Smartphones are handy but their memory and processor speed is less comparing with the price we are spending towards them.

People are spending even more than that for a simple reason, it serves their purpose on the move without having to carry laptops. They can finalize deals talk watching their loved ones while sitting in the canteen during lunch break.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

People are spending even more than that for a simple reason, it serves their purpose on the move without having to carry laptops. They can finalize deals talk watching their loved ones while sitting in the canteen during lunch break.

Typewriters were killed by desk computers which in turn are becoming obsolete because of laptops which in turn are being threatened by smartphones/tablets which in turn are being replaced by watch size smartphones(?).What next. Being with technology has also its pleasures and advantages.
Thank you said by: suni51
For me a cell phone is a phone is a phone and nothing more since you can never use it the way you can use a laptop. I prefer to sit at home and use my laptop for all my work although I use a iphone I hardly use it for browsing when I go out of my home except while travelling and have to wait for long hours in transit.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.