Foreigners wants to adopt Indian culture and we are slowly changing from our culture. We are greatly celebrating the new year but not showing that much interest in our own cultural activities. Is this a welcome one?
23038-rajesh-khanna.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
change is the activity of nature. Every thing on earth changes with time. whether it is culture, language or something else.

http://www.comparenshop.in

No culture is stagnant. It's like a flowing river. As it flows on its course, takes in something and discards something.. It's a natural thing. Nothing is wrong in it.
Foreigners wants to adopt Indian culture and we are slowly changing from our culture. We are greatly celebrating the new year but not showing that much interest in our own cultural activities. Is this a welcome one?

Change is an essential part of life and one cannot stop outside influences coming into our culture ...All the changes may not be positive and it depends on each individual as to how much he or she is willing to change and how much to hold on of our culture since all of our tradition and culture too may not be all that good or practical !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is cultural globalization. Foreigners are now taking up our ideas and influences of culture and traditions. Nothing is permanent not even culture. Everything is bound to change. It is always better to adapt to these changes as much as possible giving significance to the advantages rather than the drawbacks.

I love writing and sharing ideas

The only thing that is per,anent is change itself. Things keep changing all the time, holding on to something from the past and not change with times is really not prudent nor desirable. Also with globalization interaction between different countries with a variety of cultures is inevitable and it is natural human tendency to be attracted to new things. We cannot stop that from happening nor can resist it for a long time. Best thing is to learn to analyse what is good for us and adapt that and discard what is not!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

River making changes is good. But if it makes a huge Tsunami then lot of people will get affected. Why should we adopt other culture if our culture is good. We should analyze and take the good things and adopt it.
River making changes is good. But if it makes a huge Tsunami then lot of people will get affected. Why should we adopt other culture if our culture is good. We should analyze and take the good things and adopt it.

True...but no single culture can be all good. Each culture in this world has its own pros and cons and looking at it only from one perspective is not really done. There are good things in other culture too adopting which cannot be harmful in any way to our own culture.

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan

True...but no single culture can be all good. Each culture in this world has its own pros and cons and looking at it only from one perspective is not really done. There are good things in other culture too adopting which cannot be harmful in any way to our own culture.

True. Culture and traditions if they are good in another culture, there is nothing wrong in accepting the other cultures. There are many cultures which accepted our own culture.

True. Culture and traditions if they are good in another culture, there is nothing wrong in accepting the other cultures. There are many cultures which accepted our own culture.

Exactly...and the ability of any culture to adapt to changing times and adopting fragments of other culture is what enriches a culture basically. It is due to this attribute that we see such diverse variety of cultures in India!

Change is a constant thing and we do celebrate new year at the beginning of English calendar month..but we also celebrate our respective new years too. It is upon individual preference to accept and forgo or continue with our culture. When we make new friends we should not forget the old ones, similarly, accepting something foreign if it is good should be welcome but at the same time continuing with our old age tradition is something which we need to do at an individual level.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.