The topic is locked.
I saw some forum gets locked in boddunan. How to lock the forum?. Anyone can lock or the person who posted the forum should only have the right to do it. Please clarify my doubt. Thank you.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Forums will not be locked but the discussions in the forum are locked. Only Moderators are empowered to lock the discussion when the Moderator feels that either the purpose of the thread is served or a thread is found to be against the rules of the Site..
Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
I saw some forum gets locked in boddunan. How to lock the forum?. Anyone can lock or the person who posted the forum should only have the right to do it. Please clarify my doubt. Thank you.

I sincerely hope members should have the right to lock their own thread posts. Some of the posts keep going on for no reason with almost same comments repeatedly. I think as long the members have no way to lock their own posts they should at least ask a mod to do this for them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

whom you mean moderators here. The person who posted the article or the admin. I understand that the purpose of the forum get solved it closed.
whom you mean moderators here. The person who posted the article or the admin. I understand that the purpose of the forum get solved it closed.

You can check who are the moderators here. Below there avtar in forum profile, their role description is given as Editor and Super Moderator. All thread or posts that are not relevant, or are spam or promotional material, posts which have exhausted discussion etc. are locked by moderators. It is usually upon the moderators' discretion on which threads to lock, but many times if members Report something unusual or useless discussion going on, then they may request for the threads to be locked.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you. Now i clearly understand who are moderators. The way you explained it is nice.
Thank you. Now i clearly understand who are moderators. The way you explained it is nice.

You are most welcome. Now since your queries are satisfied, I assume this thread can now be locked since leaving it open will only attract further comments which are not really required now.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.