Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Recalling activities that happened even a week ago is not easy I have found. This is a fgood exercise to boost memory power, at least start with the previous day, going step by step from the time you wake up...We normally remember only a few things that have made an impact , the rest we tend to forget !

Actually I feel that it is better to forget the unnecessary things. We should not forget what is essential. Memory is also like a cupboard where you should not put the waste.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Recalling activities that happened even a week ago is not easy I have found. This is a fgood exercise to boost memory power, at least start with the previous day, going step by step from the time you wake up...We normally remember only a few things that have made an impact , the rest we tend to forget !

Fortunately, the retentive power is very sound for me. I can recall all the incidents happened a week ago with timing accurately. Perhaps this is due to my regular Meditation practice and solving the crossword puzzles.
Yoga always keeps brain enthusiastic. Involvement towards a task keeps brain active. Doing yoga in initial stage will become tough, but it becomes easy by practice. The plant vallari will improve the memory power.
Anything in the beginning is tough. Practice makes even the toughest job, a child play. For the last 2 decades, I have been doing Yoga in all it's different manifestations.
I personally feel that one needs to constantly improvise oneself to do better in life ! We need to look at different spheres of activity to give us mental boost which in turn sharpens our brian and improves our memory power. A really helpful list is given below in the link ..All the ones mentioned are within our reach !

http://www.lifespan.com/7-brain-activities-will-improve-memory/

Thanks for sharing this link Usha. I am already into the first five things mentioned in the article..but not many people find it healthy 'talking to yourself'..infact I am being ridiculed at times when I say this to people. But talking to myself really helps in thinking through something. Words games and puzzles..using an Android cell phone has made it easier to download such games and play. All the points are quite easy and worth giving a try.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I personally feel that one needs to constantly improvise oneself to do better in life ! We need to look at different spheres of activity to give us mental boost which in turn sharpens our brian and improves our memory power. A really helpful list is given below in the link ..All the ones mentioned are within our reach !

Thanks for sharing this link Usha. I am already into the first five things mentioned in the article..but not many people find it healthy 'talking to yourself'..infact I am being ridiculed at times when I say this to people. But talking to myself really helps in thinking through something. Words games and puzzles..using an Android cell phone has made it easier to download such games and play. All the points are quite easy and worth giving a try.

Self Talk is an accepted and highly recommended process to boost memory by the psychiatrists.

Self Talk is an accepted and highly recommended process to boost memory by the psychiatrists.

Thanks for re-ascertaining this fact..but some people do not care about facts. We can't help it. Nonetheless, we know about it so let us take the benefit of self-talking.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thanks for re-ascertaining this fact..but some people do not care about facts. We can't help it. Nonetheless, we know about it so let us take the benefit of self-talking.

I too talk to myself at times esp when I am stressed or day dreaming ....I guess it is a way of letting off bottled up feelings ! As for what people think, why simply bother ? :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

I too talk to myself at times esp when I am stressed or day dreaming ....I guess it is a way of letting off bottled up feelings ! As for what people think, why simply bother ? :)

I do it while sitting for Yoga in Padmasan before starting Yoga.

I do it while sitting for Yoga in Padmasan before starting Yoga.

Some people have a habit of spekaing to themselves and shaking their head and moving their hands while traveling by bus or even walking on the street...It can be hilarious ! I sincerely hope I am not providing any such entertainment to others because yoou may not realise when you are speaking to yourself :P

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.