Due to reservation many students who worked hard and got good marks are not getting the right job in government where as the students from backward classes with poor marks are getting jobs on priority basis. The rich people from backward classes are becoming more rich, but people who are poor from backward class are still remaining in the same condition. The reason behind is they have no money to get education and cannot apply for a government job. Where as the rich person from backward class is getting good job in comparison to poor person from golden caste who have equivalent qualification. So reservation should be based on the economical condition of a person and not on the basis of caste or religion.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reservations should be on economic conditions. Not on Caste. Not all backward castes are economically in a dreary condition, And not all forward castes are Rich. About the necessity to abolish this present system or not should be left to the government.
Caste based reservaion is actually politically motivated. This is well known.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Then, the government should do all in its power to abolish this system and come up with a solution where merit is considered.

Then, the government should do all in its power to abolish this system and come up with a solution where merit is considered.

Now we are in a vicious circle. The political parties have no courage to abolish caste based reservation for fear of losing povrty. Except Brahmin and Vaishya community, all are in reserved category- Schedule castes, scheduled tribes, backward castes. Now there is race for adding more castes to bakward caste list.

This also explains why the so called higher castes have lost all hopes for government job. They try only in private sector.

Caste should not play its role on selecting a merit candidate for the suitable post. You can give concession for backward class people from paying the exam fees or related fees exemption but the selection should be purely on merit.
There are several ways to uplift the backward classes. They Can have separate educational institutions only for the economically but not caste wise candidates.
Not sure if I should give my honest opinion here because I am afraid I will be misinterpreted. In my opinion all the reservations should be done away with and getting a job should primarily be on the basis of merit.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Not sure if I should give my honest opinion here because I am afraid I will be misinterpreted. In my opinion all the reservations should be done away with and getting a job should primarily be on the basis of merit.

On the contrary Reservation system should be introduced in the Cabinet also. The PM's post should go by rotation to reserved categories. No cabinet post can be held consecutively buy a Minister of the same caste. Only a person of the stature of Mahatama Gandhi can do it.

On the contrary Reservation system should be introduced in the Cabinet also. The PM's post should go by rotation to reserved categories. No cabinet post can be held consecutively buy a Minister of the same caste. Only a person of the stature of Mahatama Gandhi can do it.

In fact, there is already reservation for MPs and MLAs in the form of rserved constituencies. The caste and region composition is also considered in appointment of ministers with a view to please the voters of the reserved catgory. Hence, scheduled caste, Muslim, Sikh- all find berth in the cabinet.

I too am of the opinion that all reservations should be done away with since it has reached ridiculous proportions now, more a tool in the hands of our politicians.It is being misused left, right and center. Merit should be the only criteria and any help shd be hgiven to deserving economically weak students regadless of caste and religion.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.