Who does not know Munshi Prem Chand? When we talk of Progressive or pragativaadi Hindi literatrure, his name comes in mind first. He wrote several novels and stories depicting truth of life. His stroy 'Namak ka Daroga' depicts the corrupt mindset that is today even more relevant. In the story, father advises son not to go for high post that does not give 'over income' but go for even small job that gives high 'over income' even if salary is less. The son is appointed as salt inspector. He is very honest and arrests a powerful businessman. The businessman is released and the salt inspector reprimanded for bad behavior with an honorbale citizen. The father abuses and cuses his son for his impractical honesty. However the businessman arrives and says- Why are you scolding your son. He is one among millions. I need honest man like him for my business. This indicates that ultimately every one likes honest man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premchand

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Who does not know Munshi Prem Chand? When we talk of Progressive or pragativaadi Hindi literatrure, his name comes in mind first. He wrote several novels and stories depicting truth of life. His stroy 'Namak ka Daroga' depicts the corrupt mindset that is today even more relevant. In the story, father advises son not to go for high post that does not give 'over income' but go for even small job that gives high 'over income' even if salary is less. The son is appointed as salt inspector. He is very honest and arrests a powerful businessman. The businessman is released and the salt inspector reprimanded for bad behavior with an honorbale citizen. The father abuses and cuses his son for his impractical honesty. However the businessman arrives and says- Why are you scolding your son. He is one among millions. I need honest man like him for my business. This indicates that ultimately every one likes honest man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premchand

He was a great man with golden man in Hindi Literature. Still Name remain alive.....
One of the greatest writer that India has ever produced. His Novels as well as Short stories are famous for his simple narration reflecting the contemporary society. His Godaan was made in to a movie. I liked his Panch Parameshwar. It left a deep impression on me.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Munshiji wrote mostly about the rural life in Central India and their travails and miseries with hardhitting reality. He is one of the best writers of this century!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Another aspect of Premchand's writings is, he sprinkles subtl humour , which enlivens his writings. His literary works will live eternally in the hearts of the literary lovers.
Yeah...I have read Gaban by Prem Chand..it has been adapted into a movie too. His writings be it short stories or novels are still quite among people.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Minshi Premchand's writings reveal his rationalistic outlook. He is of the firm opinion , religious values are the tools of the hypocrites used for the exploitation of the poor and suppressed. What a progressive thinking of a writer in those days.
I too have read a few of his novels and they have got etched in my mind. As a child I read in school his short story Panch Parmeshwar and saw myself undergoing such changes when in my job I had opportunities to be part of Committees. He is one of India's tallest writers.Nice of Mr Ajmani to draw attention to his Jayanti today.
I too have read a few of his novels and they have got etched in my mind. As a child I read in school his short story Panch Parmeshwar and saw myself undergoing such changes when in my job I had opportunities to be part of Committees. He is one of India's tallest writers.Nice of Mr Ajmani to draw attention to his Jayanti today.

Today his jayant is being celebrated at Agra. Today some of his stories are being stage played in Nagari Pracharani building. I got this information in Facebook and then initiated a thread in Boddunan.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Today his jayant is being celebrated at Agra. Today some of his stories are being stage played in Nagari Pracharani building. I got this information in Facebook and then initiated a thread in Boddunan.

And it's through your thread we all happened to know about a great writer of Mother India, for which we all are grateful to you.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.