I thought it might be interesting to start this thread and let everyone share his/her skills and areas of expertise. I am looking at a few objectives here (there could be more though):

• To get to know each other better in terms of what each one of us is up to.
  • To learn from others on certain areas when the respective experts can be mentors.
  • To get in touch with specific people when one is in need of any help in a particular field.
Needless to mention that any help or mentoring is based on mutual understanding. :)

Before we proceed, I would appreciate if there is a majority consent on this.
If yes, we can have a quick format that everyone can use to fill in and share their skills and expertise.

Let me know what you all think!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, for now I am a freelance writer and using Boddunan as a platform to interact, voice my opinion, and write articles. As for area of expertise, i think this info should be ideally there in our profile. If people have not shared this info, it means, most likely they don't wish to.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Well, for now I am a freelance writer and using Boddunan as a platform to interact, voice my opinion, and write articles. As for area of expertise, i think this info should be ideally there in our profile. If people have not shared this info, it means, most likely they don't wish to.

Thatz true. May be people do not wish to. That is fine. Well, looking at each profile to find the areas of experitse too is a time-consuming task. That is why I was wondering if we would like to take the forum as a way to share the information in a particular format. Lets see what others have to say! And, good to know you are into freelance writing.

Thatz true. May be people do not wish to. That is fine. Well, looking at each profile to find the areas of experitse too is a time-consuming task. That is why I was wondering if we would like to take the forum as a way to share the information in a particular format. Lets see what others have to say! And, good to know you are into freelance writing.

Yup, I agree having to go through each an every profile is tedious and time consuming. To me it is good thread, getting to know from which fields our fellow writers have come from.

I am into Instructional Designing, creating training materials for end-users catering to IT sector and have about 5 years of experience.

Yup, I agree having to go through each an every profile is tedious and time consuming. To me it is good thread, getting to know from which fields our fellow writers have come from.

I am into Instructional Designing, creating training materials for end-users catering to IT sector and have about 5 years of experience.

Thanks and appreciate your agreement Mousumi. I somehow feel others too should agree with this thread, unless there is a reason I am not able to think of at this moment. :)

Thanks and appreciate your agreement Mousumi. I somehow feel others too should agree with this thread, unless there is a reason I am not able to think of at this moment. :)

I know, even i am waiting for other people to chime in, let us wait. Oh may be that we have a separate category for introducing ourselves -"Introduce Yourself" and need to use that may be.
In the mean time introduce yourself too.

I know, even i am waiting for other people to chime in, let us wait. Oh may be that we have a separate category for introducing ourselves -"Introduce Yourself" and need to use that may be.

Oh well, sorry. I was only waiting for everyone to get started. But I can introduce myself.

I work with an IT industry. Professionally, I am into technical editing and training, and partly into structured authoring. I was into Instructional Designer for sometime in the past and I too often write articles.

Oh well, sorry. I was only waiting for everyone to get started. But I can introduce myself.

I work with an IT industry. Professionally, I am into technical editing and training, and partly into structured authoring. I was into Instructional Designer for sometime in the past and I too often write articles.

After taking voluntary retirement as a Manager, visual arts in a steel major, I started as a Copy writer, designer for two publishing companies in my place, Vizag. I'm content with it. I have been trained in leading Advertising agencies of the country.

After taking voluntary retirement as a Manager, visual arts in a steel major, I started as a Copy writer, designer for two publishing companies in my place, Vizag. I'm content with it. I have been trained in leading Advertising agencies of the country.

Copy writing is a very creative work, so is visual arts!

True. I'm glad to inform I won many National awards in Poster designing organized by Standing committee on safety in industry, New Delhi.

True. I'm glad to inform I won many National awards in Poster designing organized by Standing committee on safety in industry, New Delhi.

Well, congrats..Sir! Your talent has paid off well.

Waiting to hear from others too.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.