I Fear the Day That Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction and the world will have a generation of Idiots - Einstein
We are living in an age wherein a child reminds his mother through a cell phone for his next feed.
What's your take on Einstein's saying"?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I Fear the Day That Technology Will Surpass Our Human Interaction and the world will have a generation of Idiots - Einstein
We are living in an age wherein a child reminds his mother through a cell phone for his next feed.

Well, just that the current-day idiots are tech-savvy human beings now. :cheer: But I don't think there need to be a concern of fear about it. Every technology that has been invented so far is human demanding. We meant and we have lived up to it and technology has made us dependent to quite an extent. And if we go by Einstein's statement, I think his words have come true long back, beyond the levels of fear about what we are going to be like!
I believe in Benjamin Franklin's quote, " A place for everything, everything in its place." this explains all.
There is no harm in generations of idiots. When all are idiots, further innovations will end and we shall gradually revert to old days and again some intelligent will appear. This is circular.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There is no harm in generations of idiots. When all are idiots, further innovations will end and we shall gradually revert to old days and again some intelligent will appear. This is circular.

Well said Gulshan sir. Yes it's a circle. We may go back to our caveman's days as the number of idiots grow. Let them grow.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I think technology has already taken over human interaction. We have already reached a point where we cannot imagine our lives without any techno-gadgets..can we? We can go on writing either for or against the growing use of gadgets which is marring real human interaction...but deep down we all know, this very technology is helping us earn our living, helping us stay connected with our loved ones who are spread across geographies, and helping us stay updated about the goings-on in and around us.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I think technology has already taken over human interaction. We have already reached a point where we cannot imagine our lives without any techno-gadgets..can we? We can go on writing either for or against the growing use of gadgets which is marring real human interaction...but deep down we all know, this very technology is helping us earn our living, helping us stay connected with our loved ones who are spread across geographies, and helping us stay updated about the goings-on in and around us.

Really technology is helping us do things faster. Our capacity to calculate manually may have decreased but calculaters do very quickly. If you write an article using computer, your intellignce is certainly not less than what would be if you wrote manually.

Really technology is helping us do things faster. Our capacity to calculate manually may have decreased but calculaters do very quickly. If you write an article using computer, your intellignce is certainly not less than what would be if you wrote manually.

Correct, we should make use of technology for adding to our knowledge and to our advantage. But we should not let technology cripple us. If we are using MS-Word to write an article..we should we equally adept at writing the same using a pen and a paper.
As fas as human interaction is concerned..we are all judgmental....may be less or more..but when we interact one-on-one with someone real..we are being judged and we judge the other person too..which we may not like. But when we interact in the cyber world...we don't bother too much if people are critical about us.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Technology and human are facilitating each other now to get the job done quick. Saves time, improves productivity, keeps track and all that. No wonder we have grown in a technological environments. Wonder what all equipment have come up now to facilitate a child's birth. If technology has developed wide, it is fine as wide-minded idiots have made that happen. :)
We want technology. We also need the knowledge to put the technology to right use

Correct, we should make use of technology for adding to our knowledge and to our advantage. But we should not let technology cripple us. If we are using MS-Word to write an article..we should we equally adept at writing the same using a pen and a paper.
As fas as human interaction is concerned..we are all judgmental....may be less or more..but when we interact one-on-one with someone real..we are being judged and we judge the other person too..which we may not like. But when we interact in the cyber world...we don't bother too much if people are critical about us.

When you use improved technology, you will definitely lose the old skill. I can no longer write with pen on a paper but can work hours on computer. There is nothing wrong with this. what is significant is writing and not the method employed. There was a time when people would write on Bhoj patra (tree leaves) with a wooden pen dipped in ink. Now nobody knows that. Technology definitly replaces the old one. when you march ahead, you have to leave the existing place. If I wish to go to Kolkata, I must leave Agra. This is true also for moving from old technology to new.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.