Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Most of the TV ads you can see a famous celebrity appears for the ad and tell i am using this product more than years so please buy and share the happiness with me. How much amount of truth in advertisement. If an item is flashed in TV with free products we are immediately buying it without considering the product quality. Is it correct?. Some celebrities promote land and education institute ads if anything goes wrong if they pay the amount. Share your thoughts.

Not all ads promote incorrect things. Celebrities are roped in to promote various products because..there are some people who follow celebrities and want to become like them. But we have to use our discretion and judgement before buying any product(s).

I agree. People are buying the product for the ad shown in TV. They did not think whether it is useful or not. They want to buy a product which was shown in the TV advertisement. The product may be already in the house but for the fond with celebrities they are buying it again and again. I talk about only those people.

Such people who buy things just because a celebrity is endorsing a product--this is nothing but an obsession..which in time will fade.

The Advertising profession works on human psychology.
It cashes in exploiting the human weaknesses. That's why the Ads are being endorsed by the Celebrities. 

Well, celebrities look picture perfect, so when these people endorse any product, some people think they will soon look like them....which of course doesn't happen. We all know that before buying any product we should see what's in it for me...how will it help me without making a hole in my pocket. I think ads have a lot of impact on kids too...as soon as they see a product.such as bournvita or any other product for that matter they wish to try it and demand for it.

As I said earlier, It's purpose of a Product campaign to convince the consumers that they look a Sharakh if they see the product endorsed by Sharukh. For a consumer it's the Model that's reality, They will not think about the reality of the Product's Reality.. this is all about Make believe Act.

I know, it is actaully a phase..as a child even I could not differentiate between make believe and reality..but as we grow up we learn through experiences..but if I were to answer the topic thread..I would say no..not unless I hear from other people who have used such products for real.

Ok. the tragedy is even today elders too fall in the trap of Dreams created By these Dream merchants.

I agree, some ads are so well made that they leave a mark on even older people and force them to buy products without proper knowledge about the product.

So many Ads are well made. Wisdom lies inJust enjoying the beauty of the Ad. Not falling prey to the jingles and imposing visualsof the Ad.

May be ..but certain ads are genuine too...

Genuine in what sense? About the quality of the product? If they are good quality wise, go for ot. But remember quality products like Harley Davidson bikes don't need Ads. People flock around them.

If the product quality is good they don't need advertisement. People don't think the quality of the product they want to try it whether it is good or not.

I beg to differ here..how on earth are we going to know if a new product has been launched without an advertisement..whether the product is good or bad is a different issue and comes into picture later.

If you go into market, you will find scores of quality products without the support of Ads. Many Ayurvedic products with highest quality don't have the support of glitzy Ads. So are many Homeo products

Yes, I know..but for ayurvedic products we really don't need ads..but for say a new vehicle ( which is just launched or soon to be launched)..an ad helps...

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Most of the TV ads you can see a famous celebrity appears for the ad and tell i am using this product more than years so please buy and share the happiness with me. How much amount of truth in advertisement. If an item is flashed in TV with free products we are immediately buying it without considering the product quality. Is it correct?. Some celebrities promote land and education institute ads if anything goes wrong if they pay the amount. Share your thoughts.

Not all ads promote incorrect things. Celebrities are roped in to promote various products because..there are some people who follow celebrities and want to become like them. But we have to use our discretion and judgement before buying any product(s).

I agree. People are buying the product for the ad shown in TV. They did not think whether it is useful or not. They want to buy a product which was shown in the TV advertisement. The product may be already in the house but for the fond with celebrities they are buying it again and again. I talk about only those people.

Such people who buy things just because a celebrity is endorsing a product--this is nothing but an obsession..which in time will fade.

It cashes in exploiting the human weaknesses. That's why the Ads are being endorsed by the Celebrities. 

Well, celebrities look picture perfect, so when these people endorse any product, some people think they will soon look like them....which of course doesn't happen. We all know that before buying any product we should see what's in it for me...how will it help me without making a hole in my pocket. I think ads have a lot of impact on kids too...as soon as they see a product.such as bournvita or any other product for that matter they wish to try it and demand for it.

As I said earlier, It's purpose of a Product campaign to convince the consumers that they look a Sharakh if they see the product endorsed by Sharukh. For a consumer it's the Model that's reality, They will not think about the reality of the Product's Reality.. this is all about Make believe Act.

I know, it is actaully a phase..as a child even I could not differentiate between make believe and reality..but as we grow up we learn through experiences..but if I were to answer the topic thread..I would say no..not unless I hear from other people who have used such products for real.

Ok. the tragedy is even today elders too fall in the trap of Dreams created By these Dream merchants.

I agree, some ads are so well made that they leave a mark on even older people and force them to buy products without proper knowledge about the product.

So many Ads are well made. Wisdom lies inJust enjoying the beauty of the Ad. Not falling prey to the jingles and imposing visualsof the Ad.

Genuine in what sense? About the quality of the product? If they are good quality wise, go for ot. But remember quality products like Harley Davidson bikes don't need Ads. People flock around them.

If the product quality is good they don't need advertisement. People don't think the quality of the product they want to try it whether it is good or not.

I beg to differ here..how on earth are we going to know if a new product has been launched without an advertisement..whether the product is good or bad is a different issue and comes into picture later.

If you go into market, you will find scores of quality products without the support of Ads. Many Ayurvedic products with highest quality don't have the support of glitzy Ads. So are many Homeo products

Yes, I know..but for ayurvedic products we really don't need ads..but for say a new vehicle ( which is just launched or soon to be launched)..an ad helps...

That was my response for your query, " All products need the support of an Ad.".

That was my response for your query, " All products need the support of an Ad.".

In your previous post you said about Ayuvedic and homeo medicines.....but now you have agreed that for certain products we do need ads. Ideally you should have been in support of ads..since you belong to that profession--correct me if I am wrong..

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

In your previous post you said about Ayuvedic and homeo medicines.....but now you have agreed that for certain products we do need ads. Ideally you should have been in support of ads..since you belong to that profession--correct me if I am wrong..

I'm sure you did not catch the gist of my response. Kindly re read it.
In my view, I don't care which actor or actress or any other celebrity gives advertisement, I just try for the best products by my own knowledge and buy them. I don't try follow them even in that context. :P
If you have discretion of your own to know about your needs and requirements of a product, you will not go blindly after a product simply because it has been endorsed by a popular celebrity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.