The topic is locked.
Do you know of any words that sound similar in Hindi and English but mean different..for example

Foreign in English means Abroad, whereas, Phoren in Hindi means as quickly as possible.

Let's tax our brains and add to the list!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you know of any words that sound similar in Hindi and English but mean different..for example

Foreign in English means Abroad, whereas, Phoren in Hindi means as quickly as possible.

It's not Phoren but Fauran , means immediately

Yes..may be but I think you got the meaning of my thread..that is what matters..spelling may differ..because we are not allowed to use Hindi here.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes..may be but I think you got the meaning of my thread..that is what matters..spelling may differ..because we are not allowed to use Hindi here.

There is no similarity even in sounding between the two words. Your title of the thread says "similar" in sounds. Isn't it?
This thread has nothing to discuss or enhance English knowledge as as such hence locked.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.