The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[strike][/strike] There are many variants of Hindi. Hindi as is wrtten in print media and used in TV channels is hardly mother tongue of any. There are Brijbhasha, avadhi etc in U.P., garhwali in hilly areas of U.P. and Uttarakhand, maithili and Bhojpuri in Bihar. All these variants go in name of Hindi. Also, some variants like brijbhasha, rajasthani, avadhi are considered as HIndi whereas Punjabi and Nepali are distinct. As a matter of fact, this appears arbitrary. If Punjabi and Marathi could be separate languages distinct from Hindi, why Brijbhasha, Maithili, Rajasthani, Bhojpuri not considered distinct and separate lanuages. All this appears arbitrary with a view to iflate the number of Hindi speakers.

I hope some could elcidate and enlighten as to why rajasthani, Bhojpuri, maithili are Hindi whereas Punjabi, Marathi, Nepali, Dogri are not Hindi.

Another point. Recently some have opined that everyone in India is 'Hindu'. By this logic why all Indian languages are not Hindi. If there could be Hindu Christian as somebody said why then not be Hindi Tamil, Hindi Dogri and so on. Anyway there is Hindi English or Hinglish.

//Another point. Recently some have opined that everyone in India is 'Hindu'. By this logic why all Indian languages are not Hindi. If there could be Hindu Christian as somebody said why then not be Hindi Tamil, Hindi Dogri and so on. Anyway there is Hindi English or Hinglish.
-- To this I think in the near future we have the possibility of having such terms come in vogue...like Hindi Tamil-- an Tamilian who is equally adept at using both these languages. We already have Hindu-Tamil, Hindu-Bengali, Muslim-Bengali and so on.

Of course with time these words may come in to vogue. But personally i'm against these features which are of no use in a Human's life.

Our personal choice really cannot help stop such occurences..such as Hinglish..which I sometimes hate to use...I hear that quite often. But my personal dislike doesn't stop others from using it. So we can do nothing except accepting these changes.

But Hinglish and mixed dialogues are widely used and well accepted in Ad world.

Yes, copy writing has paved way for Hinglish and using Hinglish makes it easier to create catchy phrases and two-liners in the ad world.

Yeh Dil manage more. Is an example.

Yes, we have several such examples...Vicco turmeric nehi cosmetic..I sometimes feel copywriting can be fun and can let you earn too. imagine if this ad were in Hindi or entirely in English we would't have memorized it and easily.[/quote]

It's a challenging job. It needs an all round knowledge and unlimited patience.
[strike][/strike] There are many variants of Hindi. Hindi as is wrtten in print media and used in TV channels is hardly mother tongue of any. There are Brijbhasha, avadhi etc in U.P., garhwali in hilly areas of U.P. and Uttarakhand, maithili and Bhojpuri in Bihar. All these variants go in name of Hindi. Also, some variants like brijbhasha, rajasthani, avadhi are considered as HIndi whereas Punjabi and Nepali are distinct. As a matter of fact, this appears arbitrary. If Punjabi and Marathi could be separate languages distinct from Hindi, why Brijbhasha, Maithili, Rajasthani, Bhojpuri not considered distinct and separate lanuages. All this appears arbitrary with a view to iflate the number of Hindi speakers.

I hope some could elcidate and enlighten as to why rajasthani, Bhojpuri, maithili are Hindi whereas Punjabi, Marathi, Nepali, Dogri are not Hindi.

Another point. Recently some have opined that everyone in India is 'Hindu'. By this logic why all Indian languages are not Hindi. If there could be Hindu Christian as somebody said why then not be Hindi Tamil, Hindi Dogri and so on. Anyway there is Hindi English or Hinglish.

//Another point. Recently some have opined that everyone in India is 'Hindu'. By this logic why all Indian languages are not Hindi. If there could be Hindu Christian as somebody said why then not be Hindi Tamil, Hindi Dogri and so on. Anyway there is Hindi English or Hinglish.
-- To this I think in the near future we have the possibility of having such terms come in vogue...like Hindi Tamil-- an Tamilian who is equally adept at using both these languages. We already have Hindu-Tamil, Hindu-Bengali, Muslim-Bengali and so on.

Of course with time these words may come in to vogue. But personally i'm against these features which are of no use in a Human's life.

Our personal choice really cannot help stop such occurences..such as Hinglish..which I sometimes hate to use...I hear that quite often. But my personal dislike doesn't stop others from using it. So we can do nothing except accepting these changes.

Yes, copy writing has paved way for Hinglish and using Hinglish makes it easier to create catchy phrases and two-liners in the ad world.

Yes, we have several such examples...Vicco turmeric nehi cosmetic..I sometimes feel copywriting can be fun and can let you earn too. imagine if this ad were in Hindi or entirely in English we would't have memorized it and easily.

It's a challenging job. It needs an all round knowledge and unlimited patience.[/quote]

Certainly, unlike ID (Instructional Design, Technical Writing) we don't need the knowledge of any eLearning tools or do we?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, we have several such examples...Vicco turmeric nehi cosmetic..I sometimes feel copywriting can be fun and can let you earn too. imagine if this ad were in Hindi or entirely in English we would't have memorized it and easily.

Certainly, unlike ID (Instructional Design, Technical Writing) we don't need the knowledge of any eLearning tools or do we?[/quote]

All round knowledge means all inclusive.

Certainly, unlike ID (Instructional Design, Technical Writing) we don't need the knowledge of any eLearning tools or do we?

All round knowledge means all inclusive.[/quote]

I can google about this, but wish to know from you if you wish to of course..what tools (if any) are required for copywriting. All round knowledge, patience, and perseverance are key skills for any job for that matter.

I can google about this, but wish to know from you if you wish to of course..what tools (if any) are required for copywriting. All round knowledge, patience, and perseverance are key skills for any job for that matter.[/quote]

A keen observation of human nature.

I can google about this, but wish to know from you if you wish to of course..what tools (if any) are required for copywriting. All round knowledge, patience, and perseverance are key skills for any job for that matter.

A keen observation of human nature.[/quote]

Ok....then I can try my hands in copy writing! Jokes apart..it need creativity I believe..to come out with catchy phrases.

Ok....then I can try my hands in copy writing! Jokes apart..it need creativity I believe..to come out with catchy phrases.[/quote]

Creativity is the mainstay of copy writing. Here too we are deviating.

Ok....then I can try my hands in copy writing! Jokes apart..it need creativity I believe..to come out with catchy phrases.

Creativity is the mainstay of copy writing. Here too we are deviating.[/quote]

I was about to say so. Let us not invite the wrath of moderators and get this thread locked.

Creativity is the mainstay of copy writing. Here too we are deviating.

I was about to say so. Let us not invite the wrath of moderators and get this thread locked.[/quote]

You are right. Let's discuss about something related to the thread .otherwise stop.
The topic seems to be exhausted here too, let us start something new and fresh now! Thank you guys.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.