Recently while I was waiting in a bakery in my town , I was listening to a group of people ( an extended family) of all age groups discussing among themselves about celebrities and film stars. Afetr discussing films they began to speak about actors.One of them said that he loved Salman Khan and another said he liked Aditya Panscholis son both of whom have cases against them. The general feeling among the group was that the cases against them shd be dismissed since they are such good looking actors and they shd be seen on screen , not sent to prison...If Lalu and other polticans can do what they did and now are roaming free, why not actors ? they were all feeling very sorry for Sanjay Dutt too and felt that he shd be doing films not sent to prison .. Even the 2 youngsters who were probably about 10 or 12 years old shared theses feeling !
I am at a loss and sincerely hope this is not the trend among the majority of our citizens .. :ohmy:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
fans turns blindeyes to their heroes. They want more movies from their favorite stars and that is why they want them free.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Recently while I was waiting in a bakery in my town , I was listening to a group of people ( an extended family) of all age groups discussing among themselves about celebrities and film stars. Afetr discussing films they began to speak about actors.One of them said that he loved Salman Khan and another said he liked Aditya Panscholis son both of whom have cases against them. The general feeling among the group was that the cases against them shd be dismissed since they are such good looking actors and they shd be seen on screen , not sent to prison...If Lalu and other polticans can do what they did and now are roaming free, why not actors ? they were all feeling very sorry for Sanjay Dutt too and felt that he shd be doing films not sent to prison .. Even the 2 youngsters who were probably about 10 or 12 years old shared theses feeling !
I am at a loss and sincerely hope this is not the trend among the majority of our citizens .. :ohmy:

I don't think all Indian citizens think this way..there are exception always and probably this group is a young lot about 10 or 12 years old they hardly know the nuances of law and the gravity of the situation.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I don't think all Indian citizens think this way..there are exception always and probably this group is a young lot about 10 or 12 years old they hardly know the nuances of law and the gravity of the situation.

I already wrote that it was a mixed age group consisiting of older, middle aged and younger people and educated at that ...I know that there are people who are level headed and dont get carried away but there are some who get blinded by their adoration which make them overlook all their faults.This attitude when carried through to their own lives can be disastrous

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I already wrote that it was a mixed age group consisiting of older, middle aged and younger people and educated at that ...I know that there are people who are level headed and dont get carried away but there are some who get blinded by their adoration which make them overlook all their faults.This attitude when carried through to their own lives can be disastrous

Blind fan following happens only in our country and in this case the elders should have corrected the younger ones..failing which wrong thinking will be instilled in such young minds.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Certainly a misguided group of people, in my opinion! I think the culprit is not having enough pride in ourselves, our culture, our philosophy etc. that makes us forget the basic values of respect to other human beings and the ability to discern good from bad. Otherwise they would not be idolizing culprits such as Salman and Pancholi. It is the superficial nature of so-called savvy and modern culture is the reason why such shallow people are idolized only for their good looks and supposed charisma.

I don;t think parents in that group would not have tried to teach the kids the right values? so what could be the reason? Whatever that reason maybe, there should be a cause for concern to the parents, because now, the kids are only voicing their firm opinions, tomorrow they may even try to emulate their sick role models! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is a perfect example of Yatha Raja Tatha Praja : As is the king so shall be the population.
Certainly a misguided group of people, in my opinion! I think the culprit is not having enough pride in ourselves, our culture, our philosophy etc. that makes us forget the basic values of respect to other human beings and the ability to discern good from bad. Otherwise they would not be idolizing culprits such as Salman and Pancholi. It is the superficial nature of so-called savvy and modern culture is the reason why such shallow people are idolized only for their good looks and supposed charisma.

I don;t think parents in that group would not have tried to teach the kids the right values? so what could be the reason? Whatever that reason maybe, there should be a cause for concern to the parents, because now, the kids are only voicing their firm opinions, tomorrow they may even try to emulate their sick role models! :blink:

Yes Kalyani, there is a lax attitude amog people with regard to crime and corruption, they seem to take it in their stride , even praising those who manage to get away !

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes Kalyani, there is a lax attitude amog people with regard to crime and corruption, they seem to take it in their stride , even praising those who manage to get away !

Nowadays no one reads autobiographies or biographies of truly great men any more, nor do the supposed role models of today try to live up to the greatness they are bestowed with . I personally feel the kind of role models we get nowadays are simply not good at all. Come to think of it, there ARE NO role models beyond Bollywood and cricket left! He who has money, looks and is able to make it on page 3, becomes a role model, not withstanding where and how the money comes from!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nowadays no one reads autobiographies or biographies of truly great men any more, nor do the supposed role models of today try to live up to the greatness they are bestowed with . I personally feel the kind of role models we get nowadays are simply not good at all. Come to think of it, there ARE NO role models beyond Bollywood and cricket left! He who has money, looks and is able to make it on page 3, becomes a role model, not withstanding where and how the money comes from!

I remember we used to have biographies or autobigraphies by eminent personalities as non detail texts....There would be discussions and debates about the personalities, whereas now even the school sylabus lacks any of these . Unless we make an effort at home to inculcate the right priorities , children are bound to follow what is popular among the youth and among their friends ! Sad state of affairs ..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree this is not general trend. But every politician ad actor has a gropup of fans who blindly support them. Once amitabh Bhachan was given notice by Income Tax department for tax evasion. His fans throughut India (including Agra) staged protest before Income Tax offices. Jaya Lalitha is also getting support from her fans.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.