High performers are very pro-active and very agile people. Even if they sleep for a couple of hours, they seem to be very active.  They are least bothered about external circumstances.

However, they always look out for more challenges and go on to find new jobs if the present job does not offer challenges.

This is easier said than done, as there are several jobs that become challenging over a period of time only, when the scope of the job and the specific role expands, for example, a new product is launched or a new geographical location becomes a new market. 

In industrial organizations such jobs are quite rare.

How does one motivate such people?  Do such people require senior managerial personnel who can mentor them and guide them?

I would like to hear from readers examples of how such high achievers were motivated and made to stay on in the same organization.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Along with jobs, such people to have become a rare breed. I have experience of BPO industry where such people are motivated with high incentives and challenging jobs. Also in order to keep such people happy and satisfied we have to take efforts of finding diverse and equally challenging tasks while ensuring that they do not settled into routine work, which puts them off and discourage them from performing better.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is not the job that is important. It is the attitude that matters.  Even if the job yo have is small, you may perform this better and rise. The next thing is skill. It is not what you do that is so significant as what you learn. Your skill is your asset.  Satisfaction ends progress. so always work for more proress, rise and promotion. Hard work is also significant.  Good skill and hard work together are key to growth in career. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Quick learning is the key to success. Mostly high performers are notified by the organization senior manager or hr of the company and they will give regular bonuses to the particular employee. Actually some people are high performers but they are not having the capacity of managing people under them. A company will never wants to lose the person who is performing well for the organization. Companies will allow the person to work from home and finish his task. Some Companies will reward the person based on the clients satisfaction report of the concerned person.

To motivate high performers, it is always good to reward them with good incentives, promotions and keep them in good humour by giving them challenging tasks, which will keep the monotony and boredom of doing the same job at bay.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, keeping them in good humor is a must.  So are regular promotions and role clarity.  I have seen many organizations where they are expected to do certain things and are clearly explained about it.  Once this role clarity is there, youngsters do much more than this and they are given a massive lift in terms of performance. 

Thanks for all the views. If there are some good case studies, please highlight them here.

Yes, keeping them in good humor is a must.  So are regular promotions and role clarity.  I have seen many organizations where they are expected to do certain things and are clearly explained about it.  Once this role clarity is there, youngsters do much more than this and they are given a massive lift in terms of performance. 

Thanks for all the views. If there are some good case studies, please highlight them here.

High performers need to be encouraged with entrusting  with responsible positions, preferably a leader, where he takes entire responsibility of delivering the goods. Such people thrive on challenges. And they relish more than the money.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.