In our rat race, we forget every small thing.  Do we maintain good relationships with our neighbors, particularly in flats and apartments?  How is that many a person does not know who his neighbor is, and much less, those living on the floor down below?

How is that we spend much less quality time with our children?  How is that we allow our children, to eat all sorts of junk food, even before the age of ten?

How is that we do not have much of compassion for the poor? 

How is that we do not even give small amounts of money to the very poor, even on special days like Diwali? 

Are we becoming so selfish, and so much bothered about our own selves in this rat race?

Any answers?  And what is the way out?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The answer to all these questions is that we have become too materialistic and selfish by nature. A result of technological evolution, probably, and availability of more disposable income. There simply isn't time nor tendency left in people to try to even sympathise with other people's problems or for that matter, even their own children.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

WE need organize our life better and be more slocially oriented. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes, sir.  the only option seems to be to find out ways in which this can be done.  Some good friends and I conduct some free spoken English classes for children of some municipal schools.  They are very happy and are so grateful.

Such small things will go a long way in infusing some discipline in ourselves, and we can indeed become more service minded.

I think yo have all answers hidden in your questions there itself. If we don't do all these things the reason is simple, the social life has become so cumbersome due to unavailability of provisions in life so we find no time for socialization.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree.  But can we find out sometime on Sundays and holidays to do something positive, and then relate to people?

If we go on talking to people, if we relate to people, then things might be, or will be, far better.  Likewise, why can't we think of more community participation, through some games for children, or for ladies and so on?  

Something needs to be done.

Most of the neighbor are not speaking to each other because if you speak with them normally they want to know much about the personal life of the person and some people are not open minded they will tell unwanted things about a person when they are not available on that time. If relationship is good everybody likes to spend the time with their neighbors. Most of the men and women spending time only on Sundays with their children and they want to enjoy the day with their personal outing places where there will be no disturbance from others.

Yes, Sir.  This is why we do not really get time.  Sundays are always with children.  And it is quite true that sometimes, some people do tend to ask very personal questions. 

However, we need to understand that the wider society is something that we need to bother about.  For example, if we take the children to some orphanage and make them mix with the children, they will develop empathy for others.

Urbanization and change in lifestyle with a mad rush towards future leave no time for people to interact with their neighbors. Our present social system demands us to become strangers within our neighborhood and we are confined to our own shelters. Personal relations are limited to some insensible etiquette and manners. But I think this situation is mostly seen in cities only. In the villages, even though they are gradually transforming into cities, you can still experience some glimpses of the innocence and beauty of real life. 

Exactly.  I live in one of the suburbs of Coimbatore city, but can see the innocence and the real interest of people who make friends with strangers at all times, and help us in many ways.  They are really simple people, and in this part of the country, they are more tuned to natural cure, since this beautiful city is right on the Kerala border and there is a huge Kerala influence here.

The air is much more healthy, and one has to be near the Western Ghats to see the beauty of this place.

The key point is: with urbanization, have we lost all compassion?

If yes, can we do something about it?

Can readers point out some simple case studies, so that we can also follow them, to the extent possible, and then try to figure out what exactly can be done?

Exactly.  I live in one of the suburbs of Coimbatore city, but can see the innocence and the real interest of people who make friends with strangers at all times, and help us in many ways.  They are really simple people, and in this part of the country, they are more tuned to natural cure, since this beautiful city is right on the Kerala border and there is a huge Kerala influence here.

The air is much more healthy, and one has to be near the Western Ghats to see the beauty of this place.

The key point is: with urbanization, have we lost all compassion?

If yes, can we do something about it?

Can readers point out some simple case studies, so that we can also follow them, to the extent possible, and then try to figure out what exactly can be done?

I agree with all your views about the present scenario prevailing in the society. Hunger for mundane things and self centered attitudes are the reasons for this sorry state of affairs.

I have been holding classes on Art since 7 years. All my students are the children of slum dwellers. Most of them are Maid servants..

During this period, one of the mothers of my students, asked me, "Sir, What do you charge for the tuitions ? Even though, you have been teaching my child since long, you have never asked for the tuition fees."

"Just send your boy regularly to me. That's  my tuition fees." I replied.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.