The Government of India is so keen to introduce bullet trains at enormous cost.  Yes, these bullet trains can reduce travel time, but if they indeed come into operation, can we expect the cost to be something similar to air travel?  If yes, how many can really afford it?

Will we end up with white elephants?

Instead of such trains, can be really concentrate on making our existing trains run at speeds of up to 200 kms per hour, through advanced technology?

Hundreds of trains do not even have basic facilities, hundreds of railway stations do not even have toilets.  Cant we give importance to such issues rather than taking up the bullet trains at enormous cost?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are so many that will travel by bullet trains. If cost was the case what was the need of airplanes in this country? If cost was the case what was the need of multiplexes in this country and for your information India is one of the biggest consumers after China due to its vast population and if we are not using these costly modes of transports it's simply due to lack of them. There is no shortage of users but it's the other way round.

Now think and rethink if we have no toilets on stations who is responsible for that and when the present government is trying to do all these things who is trying to stop them doing that? 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is need for most economic and best utilization of resources. It is necessary to improve the existing system but at the same time there is nothing wrong in introducing bullet trains as well. If these trains can bring more revenue, this is okay. There is another aspect. Many companies prefer that their staff need not spend more time in hotel while on duty but return immediately or very soon after doing the job. The bullet trains will  add to efficiency by reducing idle time spent in journey and hotel. However, while planning bullet trains, due consideration needs be given to likely traffic volume, cost and revenue. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51, vijay

There is need for most economic and best utilization o resources. It is necessary to improve the existing system but at the same time there is noting wrong in introducing bullet trains as well. If these trains can bring more revenue, this is okay. There is another aspect. Many companies prefer that their staff need not spend moe time in hotel while on duty but return immediately or very soon after doing the job. The bullet trains will  add to efficiency by reducing idle time spent in journey and hotel. However, while plannin bullet trains, due consideration needs be given to likely traffic volume, cist and reenue. 

Exactly, that was the reason Rajdhani trains became instantly popular. Sit at 5 in the evening reach in the morning and back at 5 again in the evening finishing your job in distant places.  That saved lots of money for my company while traveling to Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata from Delhi.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, the important point is saving on time, and cost of staying at hotels.  Though some young men might at first like traveling to new places or offices quite a bit in the beginning, in the course of time, they get fed up.  If the bullet trains come, yes, this will positively help the business class. 

But let the Government at least do something about basic amenities.  Why not give tax concession and ask the private sector to improve the basic amenities at stations, through the public-private partnership mode, where the railways merely gives land for free?  We talk about social responsibility, so why can't we do something about this right now?

Yes, the important point is saving on time, and cost of staying at hotels.  Though some young men might at first like traveling to new places or offices quite a bit in the beginning, in the course of time, they get fed up.  If the bullet trains come, yes, this will positively help the business class. 

But let the Government at least do something about basic amenities.  Why not give tax concession and ask the private sector to improve the basic amenities at stations, through the public-private partnership mode, where the railways merely gives land for free?  We talk about social responsibility, so why can't we do something about this right now?

Government is trying its best but the employs unions of railways, electricity would not allow because they think private sector will replace them ultimately. Most developed countries have no role of government in any service sector at all.

Government is trying its best but the employs unions of railways, electricity would not allow because they think private sector will replace them ultimately. Most developed countries have no role of government in any service sector at all.

Yes government taking necessary actions but the concern region railway stations are not showing the interest in cleaning the station and bring the basic amenities for the station. While i travelling on Mumbai express from Tamilnadu to Mumbai i am very happy in "Guntakal junction" because they cleaned the toilets and get the remark notes from the passengers and if any person said any suggestions they said thank you and take that note immediately. After their departure everybody gets happy because there is no smell from the toilet and they filled enough water for the journey.

Excellent. It is great to know that some station people like the ones at Guntakal, have taken it very seriously. This should indeed be the attitude of all railway people. 

As already mentioned, the Corporate Sector should chip in with providing basic amenities.  Unless we improve the basic amenities, we cannot have convenient travel in trains.  Let us all do something, by voicing our views and even writing to the Railways.

Only problem is that once the bullet trains are introduced there will be demands by in between stations for its stoppages. For political reasons they will be agreed to. Soon there will be a variety of bullet trains with different speeds ranging from Rajdhani bullet to local bullet. Speed trains are going to be needed as India develops. The speed of existing trains also needes to be increased. Privatization and FDI are a part answers.

Only problem is that once the bullet trains are introduced there will be demands by in between stations for its stoppages. For political reasons they will be agreed to. Soon there will be a variety of bullet trains with different speeds ranging from Rajdhani bullet to local bullet. Speed trains are going to be needed as India develops. The speed of existing trains also needes to be increased. Privatization and FDI are a part answers.

I agree with you on this issue but they haven't compromised on Rajdhanis, so they can as well do the same in case of Bullet trains too.

Yes. We need Bullet trains. A good thing comes with a price. Instead of traveling for days to cover a mere 250 Km, is it not good to cover just in an hour? If you want comfort and want to save time, you go for a Bullet Train.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.