Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Those who do not like TV serials can always watch Astha TV and other similar channels and what is strange they will criticise them also and demand a separate regulator for every channel. One should control what one watches and not what is broadcast.

So you mean to say that in spite of all the trash that is shown on almost all the channels, of all languages, people should not complain but either stop watching TV or watch only Aastha or Sanskar channels?? Please also provide names of other similar spiritual channels for we know not which good channels exist here!

When all channels (incl Asatha) and in all languages are showing trash how can there exist good channels. For a change one can try watching sports channels or DD channels and stop watching them when they also start showing trash.

Those who do not like TV serials can always watch Astha TV and other similar channels and what is strange they will criticise them also and demand a separate regulator for every channel. One should control what one watches and not what is broadcast.

So you mean to say that in spite of all the trash that is shown on almost all the channels, of all languages, people should not complain but either stop watching TV or watch only Aastha or Sanskar channels?? Please also provide names of other similar spiritual channels for we know not which good channels exist here!

When all channels (incl Asatha) and in all languages are showing trash how can there exist good channels. For a change one can try watching sports channels or DD channels and stop watching them when they also start showing trash.

DD channels like DD INDIA,are good. They provide both harmless entertainment and a rich info on Indian past and present.

Not every one would be interested in Sports. We can watch discovery, nat geo and other channels like ID and so on, but the point here is why should we put up with trash shown in serials why can't we demand better scripted serials. Not watching one or two serials in fine but how do we deal with all such serials that shown things which we as viewers can't digest.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Not every one would be interested in Sports. We can watch discovery, nat geo and other channels like ID and so on, but the point here is why should we put up with trash shown in serials why can't we demand better scripted serials. Not watching one or two serials in fine but how do we deal with all such serials that shown things which we as viewers can't digest.

By the same logic not every one would be interested in Discovery, nat geo etc channels. In fact not everyone is interested in all the channels. No one is forcing any one to put up with trash TV channels. If one does not like a program one just moves . on. Unless sufficient viewers are watching  trash it would not be financially viable to show such serials.So it is either trash way or remote way.

By the same logic not every one would be interested in Discovery, nat geo etc channels. In fact not everyone is interested in all the channels. No one is forcing any one to put up with trash TV channels. If one does not like a program one just moves . on. Unless sufficient viewers are watching  trash it would not be financially viable to show such serials.So it is either trash way or remote way.

I agree only a handful of us have problems with the kinds of serials that are being aired, however a lot of other people out there probably enjoy these soaps and hence these serial makers are continuing with producing trash.

I agree only a handful of us have problems with the kinds of serials that are being aired, however a lot of other people out there probably enjoy these soaps and hence these serial makers are continuing with producing trash.

Certainly. These trash serials are patronized by majority. Which is why thes serials are riding over the minority.

What about Hindi movies?

It's been decades bollywood doing petty romantic movies with ridiculous plot, story, acting and dance moves! Hundreds of movies hits screen every year and almost no movies, if not one or two, have a important female lead! Yeah, Item dances makes more money in theaters and people are happy with romantic movies or one of the Khans beating the hell out of 100 guys.

Why blame government?

Last Bollywood movie I saw in theatre was Dhoom 3. Wasted 3 hours of my life and 100 rupees. 

Well, it seems like everyone agrees more or less that almost all serials shown on all regional channels are trash and yet, going by the TRPs, are hugely popular. So as much as larger audiences have the right of watching such trash, other audience have equal rights to complain or oppose such stuff. Even though my personal opinion is that such trash should either be regulated or should be banned, it is not in the interest of everyone to ban such serials because that would be mean taking away someone's right of watching stuff that matches their taste, whether quality or substandard, not really important! We can take our pick from other categories such as sports, lifestyle, news, movies or anything else! (I really wish we had the smileys here, I could use one now!)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What about Hindi movies?

It's been decades bollywood doing petty romantic movies with ridiculous plot, story, acting and dance moves! Hundreds of movies hits screen every year and almost no movies, if not one or two, have a important female lead! Yeah, Item dances makes more money in theaters and people are happy with romantic movies or one of the Khans beating the hell out of 100 guys.

Why blame government?

Last Bollywood movie I saw in theatre was Dhoom 3. Wasted 3 hours of my life and 100 rupees. 

Yes. I agree with you blaming the government is an exercise in futility. I'm of the firm opinion, if one exercises  discrimination  and feels that it's a good movthen an get the satisfaction of seeing a good movie. If one fails in judging the movie the loss is of the individual . For this,what's the use of blaming the government ?

What about Hindi movies?

Why blame government?

I agree with you, bollywood films have forgotten to come up with their original script, they only are busy making remake of movies from the South or from the Hollywood. Dhoom 3 was still ok as compared to Bang Bnag..i could not complete this bogus movie. Not sure what are we left with in terms of entertainment, substandard movies and low grade serials and even news channels are full of advertisements instead of showing news....they are more busy in generating revenue and TRPs. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.