Even ICICI bank joins the bandwagon of reducing free ATM transactions to five transactions on ATMs, although account holders with large sum of money will remain unaffected.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/ICICI-caps-free-ATM-transactions-at-5-from-Jan-1/articleshow/45424635.cms

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

But the fact that five financial transactions a month will still be free is good enough, most people don't require more than that number of transactions, unless of course, business people.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The rules are applicable for all banks private or government. They say if you wish to use extra service be prepared to pay for their maintenance and expenditure. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The rules are applicable for all banks private or government. They say if you wish to use extra service be prepared to pay for their maintenance and expenditure. 

True. The rule applies to all the Banks. The difference is ICICI joined in applying the rule recently.

The RBI has brought about the most backward rule, and it is really sad that most banks are falling for the gambit. It is ridiculous to argue that we should pay for ATM services. Please do note that unless we maintain huge deposits with banks such as ICICI, they cannot give their loans to the high network individuals, and also levy huge charges for their services. ICICI bank is the most horrible bank, as they exist only for the rich, by the rich and for the rich. Do you know that if you have just Rs.10,000 in your savings account, at all times, YES BANK gives you free transactions not only in their bank but at other banks too. Similarly, the Lakshmi Vilas Bank, which is a small private sector bank has now said that they will allow free transactions for all customers. It is really sad that cash rich banks such as ICICI Bank have never been catering to the common man.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Even I think five transactions per month is okay and it is more than enough. Although I am of the opinion that ICICI bank and the icici bank interface is the most user friendly and worst is SBI bank. 

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Even I think five transactions per month is okay and it is more than enough. Although I am of the opinion that ICICI bank and the icici bank interface is the most user friendly and worst is SBI bank. 

5 transactions are more than enough even with poor functioning of ATMs.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.