I have been to the places now being eaten up by the Government, to build a new capital for the State of what is now called Andhra Pradesh.

I have seen fertile lands for as long as one can imagine.  I am now told that these very same cultivable, fertile lands are giving away for a new Capital. 

How atrocious an idea!! Mr Chandrababu is a highly rated Chief Minister.  Why should he go in for this rather ridiculous and adventurous idea of a new Capital by destroying the State's food security?

It could be argued that AP is a big State and these thousands of acres will not make a difference.  But it is not only AP's food security, but the country's too.

We all ---in Tamil Nadu -- and possibly the rest of South India as well, depend solely on rice produced by AP, which is simply excellent in taste and is very good for making a huge number of vegetarian dishes. 

The farmers, one is told, are voluntarily co-operating with the Government, to see their lands, for a price fixed by the Government.  There are huge reports, to the contrary.

Is the Capital city of AP, that is now being proposed, another classic instance of robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Well, as commoners we hardly have any say in these matter..after all AP was divided and now soon Telengana will have a new captial. 

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Then, where do you think, a new capital should be built ? In populated areas' making more congestive? The present capitals were built in the regions where once there were fertile lands. The idea behind building a capital in remote and fertile regions is to restore the fertility of the region by building new Green belt around the capital. The farmers are after the compensation packages in lieu of their lost lands. Majority of the farmers are willingly coming forward to sell their lands to the AP government.

The land will be sold anyways and new houses will come as the population grows so if a planned city is developed in the name of capital there is no harm.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

The land will be sold anyways and new houses will come as the population grows so if a planned city is developed in the name of capital there is no harm.

The farmers are adequately compensated with cash and alternative lands, so that they can maintain their agriculture.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

The farmers are adequately compensated with cash and alternative lands, so that they can maintain their agriculture.

If farmers get their right value for their lands and alternative lands for agriculture then there will be no problem. In some cases govt take the land and give the money not to the satisfaction or the value given is not considering the land value on that date.

Dwarakanathan wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

If farmers get their right value for their lands and alternative lands for agriculture then there will be no problem. In some cases govt take the land and give the money not to the satisfaction or the value given is not considering the land value on that date.

The government of AP has ensured to protect the interests of the farmers. There is no force. Farmers are willingly coming forward to surrender their lands.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.