The topic is locked.

Happy Navratri to all the boddunan members.

Navratri Wishes

How many of you are fasting this navratri season?

a.s.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy Navratri...

About fasting, I guess I am not doing it. Not confirm as parents can force me..lol. Other family members are doing it.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Nowadays fasting is no more fasting as I see people around me, they eat more in days of fasting then they eat daily. As if they haven't got anything to eat from past few days. And even now in fasting people are trying more and more new recipies also.

a.s.

lol.. Yes that's true. Fasting days have their special recipes and people enjoy it more as they don't eat them in regular basis. So yes actually many of them eat more in compare to normal days. 

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Yes, even I have observed people get a lot of things - food on days they have to fast. May be fasting is the new reason to indulge in food more.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Fasting has lost its real meaning. Earlier people use to depend only on fruits on fasting days and even some use to fast without water but now I have seen even in fasts of karvachauth, teej and chhat puja etc also women instead of fasting without water intake tea and juices.

a.s.

I thought Navratri was celebrated during Dusshera in October/November, please correct me if I am wrong...What we have now is Ugadi which is Hindu New Year..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Mam we have navratri 4 times in a year. But 95% people are aware of only two. One which is celebrated this time that is according to hindi months it appears in Chaitra month Shukla paksh and other one is the one you know that is dussehra one.

a.s.

There is only One Navaratri for us. That is DASARA. It is known with different spelling variations lik DUSSEHERA or DASARAH. People from south do not know anything about the Navaratri mentioned in the thread.

Yes it is the same all over the south where we celebrtae Navratri once a year only and this is the first time I have come across this information that there are different Navratris being celebrated at different times of the year..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
rambabu wrote:

There is only One Navaratri for us. That is DASARA. It is known with different spelling variations lik DUSSEHERA or DASARAH. People from south do not know anything about the Navaratri mentioned in the thread.

But here in north side we have 2 navratra celebration sir. As I mentioned in my above post that there are 4 navratris in a year but the 2 of them are not known my 95% people. Even I wasn't aware of it but recently I came to know about it when I heard few saints talking about it and then I inquired one of my aunt who is pandit by caste and they do lots of pujas and havans. She told me that yes their are 4 navratris but only 2 are celebrated.

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.